Page 1 of 2
If anyone is interested in how music relates to certain parts of our personality, i'm conducting a study for my thesis at Macquarie University in Sydney.

It's an online study that you can complete anonymously and it will take about 10-minutes by filling out questionnaires. The study can be accessed through the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/personalityandexpertise

There is a weekly prize draw for those who participate. Thanks for your time.
good survey man good luck!

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
That's a long damn survey. Why are you guys so obsessed with wine tasting?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Wtf was up with the wine tasting and taxi driving questions? It was a pretty odd quiz overall.
Quote by JustRooster
That's a long damn survey. Why are you guys so obsessed with wine tasting?

Wine tasters are a baseline measurement for people who are snobby so if we can identify someone as a wine taster we can extrapolate their snobbiness and make conclusions about their musicness.
Done

What has wine tasting got to do with anything?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Done.
I got excited when I thought you were going to ask me loads of questions about chess after there were loads about wine tasting but then you didn't

Maybe post some of your conclusions when you've done sort more work on your thesis? I'd be interested to hear what you find.
Done
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't understand the options for highest level of education completed. Are those terms more common in the UK or something? I've never heard of college/uni being referred to as "tertiary."
Pretty confused about some of the questions... But done.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by archangels
I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't understand the options for highest level of education completed. Are those terms more common in the UK or something? I've never heard of college/uni being referred to as "tertiary."

This was Australia. But we have Primary and Secondary schools, College and Uni are sometimes called tertiary education but it's not used in common speech.
Where's my free wine?

Just kidding. Done!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
done
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Done. I hope I did it right. All those questions about wine tasting.... I enjoy a good glass and know my wines pretty well but I wouldn't call it 'tasting'. I hope I answered it right.

Also, does HSC mean High School Certificate? I just kind of assumed thats what it meant and clicked that.
Did it.
"Since the comprehension of sweet sound is our most indefinite conception, music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry. Music without the idea is simply music."
- Edgar Allan Poe
Done, good luck with your study
Amp:
Vox AC30
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster, Fender Jaguar
Keyboards:
Roland Juno 106, Nord Lead 2X, Yamaha DX7
Drums:
Roland TR-707
Am so grateful for the support, I appreciate all those who have taken the time to complete the survey. To answer a few of the questions:

1. The study is comparing personality between groups, those being musicians, athletes and odour experts (wine tasters, perfumers) so the questions at the start are trying to gauge the level of expertise in each of the groups.

2. I will definitely post to this thread with the results once they are in.

3. If your interested in reading more about music and it's effect on the brain there are great articles in online psych journals that make for interesting reading. This is an abstract from an interesting case study involving a guitarist -

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878875013012308

Thanks again!
Done.
I'd like to see my results as soon as I finished the survey...but I'm ok with that.

Now, excuse me, I'll have to taste lots of wine barrels and then go to play guitar while I drive a taxi.
Quote by mattluka
Macquarie University in Sydney.

aquarium

lel
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
The comment you entered is in an invalid format.

It said that and wouldn't let me go to the second page.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Unfortunately, I don't taste wine at all. However, I taste wine on the side.

No, I'm kidding. Long-ass survey though. It's a borderline mass-case study.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
theogonia777 - not sure why didn't let you progress, do you know what question gave you the error message?
Done. Good survey, well thought out unlike most surveys I have to fill out in college.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Why do I feel inferior for not being in a job that drives taxis or tastes wine?
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Page 1 of 2