chris,
I like delay a lot on guitar, though at times I thought you had a bit too much for my taste. Otherwise, I liked the guitar tone. The guitar riffs are good, it does remind me a bit of Dave N. It was either Jane's Addiction or one of the spin-off bands Dave was in that played at the Key Club a few years ago (I played there a long time ago when it was called Gazzarri's, it's in Hollywood)..... Now I remember the band name: Panic Channel. Perhaps you can review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1623858
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Nov 22, 2013,
Nice airy song with a crisp and aggressive guitar sound. Almost an industrial feel to that repetitive base riff with all the delay - really cool! Solo at 1:50 is beautiful: melodic, not too flashy still displays your skills beyond any doubt.

Look forward to listening to more of your work!
Quote by aaron aardvark
chris,
I like delay a lot on guitar, though at times I thought you had a bit too much for my taste. Otherwise, I liked the guitar tone. The guitar riffs are good, it does remind me a bit of Dave N. It was either Jane's Addiction or one of the spin-off bands Dave was in that played at the Key Club a few years ago (I played there a long time ago when it was called Gazzarri's, it's in Hollywood)..... Now I remember the band name: Panic Channel. Perhaps you can review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1623858

Haha yeah the delay is a bit over the top! I think if I was using a delay from Ableton or some other software I could have made it "cleaner" sounding, not muddying things up so much. But I wanted to use Amplitube for all the guitar tones in this so that was my own self-imposed restriction.

And sure Aaron, I'll look up one of your threads and have a listen.
Quote by 1111belphegor
Nice airy song with a crisp and aggressive guitar sound. Almost an industrial feel to that repetitive base riff with all the delay - really cool! Solo at 1:50 is beautiful: melodic, not too flashy still displays your skills beyond any doubt.

Look forward to listening to more of your work!

Hey, thanks man, I appreciate your listening and comments. Glad you liked the lead, initially I had put something much more flashy in there but it just sounded overbearing (not to mention I could barely even play it).

Thanks again,

Chris