Hi guys. I posted this in the interface sticky yesterday and have had no replies, hope it's ok to make a thread on it.

I currently record, mix and master my own music frequently and I have begun taking on projects from other people to mix and master. I am studying a Masters in Music Engineering and Production and I am looking to eventually make some money from producing music.

This brings me to my question.

How much of an impact on the quality of my own recordings will upgrading my interface have? I have used a Presonus Audiobox 2x2 (http://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-USB) for the last 5 years or so and haven't had any issues with it. It has two inputs which is all I need, more than two would eventually be ideal but for the foreseeable future two is fine. It has speaker and headphone outs which I can use simultaneously for mixing and has phantom power if I should ever buy a mic that needs it.

Am I missing out on potentially better sounding recordings by using such a cheap interface? If so, can someone explain to me specifics?

Thanks.