Hi guys, currently I have a pair of these:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileAV40.html

They suit my needs fine and they were great value speakers. However I feel it may be time for an upgrade.

I mix and master music in my room, which is essentially a home studio. I would be looking for something a step up in quality to allow me to create better mixes.

Budget would be something along the lines of £200, £300 being an absolute max.

I have had a look at the KRK Rockit speakers but I would like to know what my options are.

Thanks!
If they suit your needs fine, why upgrade? I have a pair of KRK's and they're great, I've got the 2nd version of the Rokits, and I think they've just come out with the 3rd version so you can pick up the 2nd ones now pretty cheap.

Edit: I've used those monitors before, the Rokits are quite a bit better in my opinion.
Save up. If the maudio are suiting you fine at the moment then stay with them until you can afford something that is a real step up.

Rather than just going from budget monitors to budget monitors.

muledit: I'm not saying that the rokits won't be better, just that they are still budget monitors. Imo save up for [at least] some yammi hs7's or something.
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Nov 21, 2013,
Seconding the "Save for HS7s" motion. Those things are ridiculously awesome.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.