So I have recently created a black metal project and have started thinking of ideas for an album cover, it will be for an ep and a lot of it is already written. Tell me what you guys think, if I should make any changes or anything, I only have one actual idea now and I like it but I don't like it ( if that makes any sense ).
Attachments:
images (28).png
I was going to say it looks really cliche and cheesy, but then I read that you said it was for a black metal project.
Yep, looks like black metal.
This is awful. FIrst of all, not enough black. Next, I can read the text. Throw it away and start again
ima need these

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
TS, if you and your bandmates fancy yourselves as decent, honest people, your album cover should be a disclaimer saying not to listen to the garbage that lies within.
It looks right, just a bit generic. I mean, yeah, it looks right and all or whatever, but you could be way more creative about it brah. But yeah, it looks like your average run of the mill black metal album cover. You can do better though, can't you? You're better than that. I believe in you.

Now get the **** off the internet and design a siqq as faq album cover.

You can do it.
banned
Quote by Derek Woolley
So I have recently created a black metal project and have started thinking of ideas for an album cover, it will be for an ep and a lot of it is already written. Tell me what you guys think, if I should make any changes or anything, I only have one actual idea now and I like it but I don't like it ( if that makes any sense ).

Im no black metal expert but it does have the look to it.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by Derek Woolley

yeah, its horrible.

1: it follows every single cliché of the genre you're part of
2: its ugly while doing it
3: its uncreative

Make an album cover personal. **** what the expectations say. This album cover is sterile and boring and says nothing about the music that thousands of album covers haven't already for that kind of genre.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Just throw spodermen on there that's metal enough
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I'll add/come with more specific remarks.

remove all the text. The picture as it is is nice. the font is ****ing horrible.

remove it. don't even include any band/album-name font.

the picture on its own might work for an album cover.

the font and the fact that the text is just photoshopped/placed in there ruins the entire idea of it.

the font/text screams "hi i am a 12 year old MALE and I listen to slipknot and considered myself rather hardcore and deep"

don't you have any ****ing aesthetic sides of yourself at all? a ******ed rock short one chromosone would see that the font is terrible.
Who even places such god-awful text on an album cover?

god ****ing damnit.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Nov 21, 2013,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I'll add/come with more specific remarks.

remove all the text. The picture as it is is nice. the font is ****ing horrible.

remove it. don't even include any band/album-name font.

the picture on its own might work for an album cover.

the font and the fact that the text is just photoshopped/placed in there ruins the entire idea of it.

the font/text screams "hi i am a 12 year old MALE and I listen to slipknot and considered myself rather hardcore and deep"

don't you have any ****ing aesthetic sides of yourself at all? a ******ed rock short one chromosone would see that the font is terrible.
Who even places such god-awful text on an album cover?

god ****ing damnit.

I think I love you...
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
a ******ed rock short one chromosone would see that the font is terrible.

#boty
Scrap that cover, find a girl with a nice rack, take a photo of said rack, and use that as the cover instead.
Last edited by Lifesign at Nov 21, 2013,
How lovely, finally someone showing reverence to trve metal. I suggest you put your band logo on it too with an obligatory pentagram and St. Peter's cross. What you do is find black construction paper and jizz on it. See Darkthrone for an example.
Quote by Lifesign
Scrap that cover, find a girl with a nice rack, take a photo of said rack, and use that as the cover instead.

Since when do marketing CEOs frequent the pit, cause that's genius. Wait, never mind beady-eye has him beat.
Quote by Random3
Well I can read what the text says, which means you are doing it wrong.

that
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by Genrecore
How lovely, finally someone showing reverence to trve metal. I suggest you put your band logo on it too with an obligatory pentagram and St. Peter's cross. What you do is find black construction paper and jizz on it. See Darkthrone for an example.

you are the best troll on this site!
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by Lifesign

yeah, like this:

Quote by tukk04
Since when do marketing CEOs frequent the pit, cause that's genius. Wait, never mind beady-eye has him beat.

I didn't know who Beady Eye was until now. But the chick's lying down and all you get is side boob. I was suggesting more of taking a photo of her breasts without any cover-up. JUST her breasts.

Quote by Dregen
yeah, like this:

What a butterface.
Last edited by Lifesign at Nov 23, 2013,
Thanks for the input guys. I'm trying some other ideas today, I only have one right now though.

Tell me what you guys think. Better? Worse? Anything I should change?
Attachments:
Descendant small.jpg
Quote by Derek Woolley
Thanks for the input guys. I'm trying some other ideas today, I only have one right now though.

I can't tell what the band's name is but the rest of it is a lot better. Kinda reminds me of Blackwater Park in a good way.
Better but the font is crap and the placing of it is horrendous.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Better but the font is crap and the placing of it is horrendous.

this. try harder mate
banned
The picture is loads better. As said before though, just get rid of the text and it will be better. Album covers don't have to have text on them, and a lot of my favourite groups' covers don't have text at all.
Quote by Derek Woolley

Where the hell are the tits?
Quote by Derek Woolley

Really stupid and cliche. Also using a font for your band name is stupid. And also you can't use the image because I'm guessing it doesn't belong to you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.