Hey guys, in need of a little help!

So, when I was practicing with my band the other day and the bass wasn't loud enough so (without remembering not to), I thought it would be a good idea to swap amps with my bassist and put him through my Crate GLX1200H SS amp and crank him up.

I started to smell burning rubber and my amp started smoking so I quickly turned it all off and stuck it outside until it was safe to be put back indoors.

My question would be, where would I go from here?

I could try and fix it myself but I wouldn't know exactly how to? What new parts would I need? How would I be able to test the amp safely?

Thanks!
Those questions are impossible to answer until you open it up and take a look inside.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Are you sure it's not a Bugera?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
Are you sure it's not a Bugera?

Don't the new ones come with risers and sprinklers?
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by zakarai
My question would be, where would I go from here?

I could try and fix it myself but I wouldn't know exactly how to? What new parts would I need? How would I be able to test the amp safely?

i'd at least plug the guitar back into and see if it works. how do you do that safely? there isn't really a way to be totally safe, but i'd keep the volume low and slowly add a bit more volume til i got to playing volume and note anything odd sounding and turn the amp off immediately if you here any arcing or popping or really anything critically bad happening. but you need to know if the amp even still works.

could you fix it? prob not, so don't bother buying parts. you may end up scrapping it cuz repairs (or even diagnosis) will cost more than the amp

what is strange is i am not too sure what could have gone bad besides the speakers. the speakers could have the voice coils burnt out from the bass going through it, that can make weird noses, but usually doesn't cause smoke.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Get her some brochures and explain the dangers. But be patient, don't talk down and patronize. Tell her you remember what it was like being a teenager trying to fit in, but that smoking isn't the way. You'll be able to do it.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
Get her some brochures and explain the dangers. But be patient, don't talk down and patronize. Tell her you remember what it was like being a teenager trying to fit in, but that smoking isn't the way. You'll be able to do it.

my parents would have made it smoke a whole pack, with a bucket on it's head.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Something in your amp melted or caught fire. The bassist using the amp was probably coincidental. Your amp is a cheap DSP amp, so it probably has a complex machine-made circuit board that cannot be repaired at a reasonable price. Unless you know an amp technician who works cheap or your amp is under warranty throw it out and buy a replacement.