Page 1 of 2
Welcome to the annual Worst Song of the Year thread. With past winners like Friday by Rebecca Black and Stupid Hoe by Nicki Minaj, competition is definitely fierce. So cast your votes and nominate your nominees - together lets marvel at the worst the music industry has to offer.

==RULES OF THE THREAD==

1 - NO FLAMING : This is an opinion poll. If someone nominates your favorite song, that's their call, you don't have the right abuse them for it.

2 - LIMIT OF THREE VOTES PER PERSON : For obvious reasons we can only have three votes each. Please stick to that limit and dob in anyone who doesn't like a good little taddle-tale so we can keep the poll fair.

3 - ONE UNIQUE NOMINATION PER PERSON : If it's not on the list, you may nominate ONE song per person. Keep it fair.

4 - YOUR VOTES CAN STACK : If you really hate a song, you can nominate it and vote three times for that song. Just make sure it's clear what you are doing so I can correctly tally up your votes.

We'll start with a few of the well known monstrosities released this year.
Also, since everyone has a different way of listing songs, the rule for submissions is SONG TITLE IN ITALICS and (optional) ARTIST TITLE IN BOLD as shown below. Please and thankyou.
Without any further ado

____________Nominations/Votes______________
Alison Gold - Chinese Food (1)
Pitbull ft Christina Aguilera - Feel This Moment (0)
Will.i.am ft Justin Bieber - #thatPOWER (0)
Robin Thicke ft T.I., Pharrell - Blurred Lines (15)
Ylvis - The Fox (What does the fox say?) (13)
Frank Turner - Recovery (1)
Bullet For My Valentine - Riot (1)
D4NNY - Goodbye (1)
Daft Punk - Get Lucky (1)
2 Chainz ft Cap.1 - Where U Been? (1)
Kanye West - Bound 2 (3)
Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King (1)
A-Ka$h - Bucktown (1)
Rhianna ft Future - Love Song (1)
Avicii - Wake Me Up (1)
Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop (1)
Megadeth - Super Collider (2)
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive (1)
Blake Shelton - Boys 'Round Here (1)

Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Last edited by Mr.Pink101 at Nov 22, 2013,
Annual? Why is this a thing to begin with? I don't see the point.

Well, w/e. So it's not a spammy comment, I vote blurred lines. Not even because of all the controversy. Just because there's nothing to it. But to be fair, it's not like I listen to pop anyways.
I listened to Blurred Lines for the first time yesterday. Holy shit that was bad. I don't even get the controversy, but the song is bad.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
The Fox
The Fox
Blurred Lines
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 21, 2013,
The Fox
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by Skodward714
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.

Your signature just trolled you. Hard.
(Also, not from 2013.)
Last edited by Cavalcade at Nov 22, 2013,
Blurred Lines
Get Lucky (most of the rest of the album is gr10 tho)
Started from the Bottom
Quote by chev311e
Oh, the thread where I finally get to catch up on all the pop music I missed in the year.

OT: this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1L5zJ2afLs

That song ****ing rocks who r u kiddin m8
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Updated, pretty please if you're going to vote at least do so clearly, it makes it really hard otherwise, you have three votes and one nomination. You don't have to vote for your nomination, but if you have votes left I'll assume you did and give it one point.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
You guys suck at picking bad songs, there are far worse ones than what you're nominating.

For instance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBAtAM7vtgc
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Last edited by Danjo's Guitar at Nov 22, 2013,
ITT: People that don't know that Ylvis is a comedy group, and "What Does The Fox Say" wasn't meant to be serious.
Quote by Baby Joel
ITT: People that don't know that Ylvis is a comedy group, and "What Does The Fox Say" wasn't meant to be serious.

I agree. At first I thought it was serious, but then it got too ridiculous and I realized it was supposed to be funny. And some of their other stuff was pretty funny.
Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Blurred Lines with the censored video
Blurred Lines with the uncensored video
Blurred Lines live with Miley Cyrus

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
I agree. At first I thought it was serious, but then it got too ridiculous and I realized it was supposed to be funny. And some of their other stuff was pretty funny.

WHEN THERES WAR AND ALL IS HEEEEELL, SEND IN JAN EEEEEEGELAAAAAAND
Last edited by azrael667 at Nov 22, 2013,
You guys really need to check out that Pitbull/Xtina song mentioned in the op.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by azrael667

WHEN THERES WAR AND ALL IS HEEEEELL, SEND IN JAN EEEEEEGELAAAAAAND

I couldn't agree more, haha. Thats definitely my favorite of what I've heard from them.

Quote by Tag43
Kanye West - Bound 2
Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
Kanye West - Bound 2

Thank god someone agreed, I'd begun to worry all of you had gone crazy and thought that song actually sounded at all good.
Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Hydra150

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Last edited by Danjo's Guitar at Nov 22, 2013,
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Whatever Fun or the Lumineers or Mumford and Sons came out with this year.

this

Quote by lolmnt

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard that song already. I mean if you haven't it's probably because you haven't left your house this year or smthn.
Quote by lolmnt

honestly, I'm pretty sure everyone got the jist of it just by looking at the artists

also: I'm kinda down to nominate this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJ8EpcUMRY

I went to highschool with these guys. Those niggas HELLA soft in real life Apparently if you're asian, desi, black or trini, you need to stand the **** up. white people should probably remain seated though.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Nov 22, 2013,
Quote by chev311e
I think we need to nominate songs where the artist is actually being serious. Because there's no way this dude is actually being serious with this song, right?

no, hes deadly serious
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

Thank god someone agreed, I'd begun to worry all of you had gone crazy and thought that song actually sounded at all good.

Yep. Yeezus has some good songs, but Bound 2 sucks. Video is just as awful.
Quote by Baby Joel

i know this and still nominate it because my campus plays it like 100000+ times a day. i swear, if i hear that song one more time someone's getting shanked.
Quote by Tag43
Yep. Yeezus has some good songs, but Bound 2 sucks. Video is just as awful.

whatcha talking about bout man. yeezus was pretty forgettable except for bound 2 and the video was great
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I definitely hate The Fox song or whatever its called. I don't care if it is supposed to be comedy. It is murder to my ears and I find no humor in it. Id nominate it, but I feel it will be nominated to death without my help.

Anyways, I nominate this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVdc4MkGV0

Listening to that song literally annoys me. Shut up. Make it stop.

I also nominate this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHg9VVkE9Bk

Annoys me equally as much.

And I nominate this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdyVUQkvUnY

What the hell is that? Awful. ****ing. Song.

Kanye's "Bound 2", Drakes song "Versace", and Eminem's "Berzerk" were very close, but those three songs ive linked above annoy me most. Theyre just bad.

edit: Oh shit, I read the rules wrong. How am I supposed to decide which of those awful songs to nominate? Fine. All three of my votes go for "The Fox" and I nominate the first song I linked.

Also:
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Whatever Fun or the Lumineers or Mumford and Sons came out with this year.

Oh god, I forgot about them. Ugh this is way too hard I also remembered how much I hate Demons by Imagine Dragons.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Last edited by yellowfrizbee at Nov 22, 2013,
honestly, this was a pretty weak year for music as a whole. this thread will really only serve to be depressing. Even John Mayer and Keith Urban, the only 2 guys I expected to release killer material this year, kinda dropped the ball with Paradise Valley and Fuse respectively. Both are easily the weakest albums in their respective catalogues.

Marshall Mathers LP2 was solid, yet still somewhat disappointing.

Only album I can name off the top of my head that pulled through and even BEAT expectation was Pure Heroine.

commence attacking my music taste, teenage metalheads, I'll grab the popcorn.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Nov 22, 2013,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxxajLWwzqY

I think it might have been released earlier elsewhere, but it was released in 2013 in the UK. So I'm counting it, cause its awful.

Avicii - Wake Me Up was pretty bad as well.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Page 1 of 2