Hi, I want to buy a electronic acoustic guitar, my main focus is to learn fingerstyle and It'd be nice to have one of those because I wan to plug it into an amp or record it ^^

Thank you very much
Hey , I recently bought an electric acoustic and from my experience , the best thing to do would probably to head into your local shop and start playing a few guitars. It's hard to recommend any guitar , like any instrument , it's very personal , one that would sound great for me could sound very bad for you.

At the 500 euro mark there's quite a few options, it's about the range where low end Guild's start, I've played a few and like them quite a lot. Other manufacturers would be Takamine that can fit into almost any price range.

Personally I bought a Fender 280SCE , it's a dreadnought body with a solid spruce top with rosewood back and sides. Fishman pick-up. What really got me with this guitar was the amplified sound, the moment I plugged it in I knew it was the one. Price range is a bit lower than 500 , (About 400 if I remember). But really that's my taste, the Fender CD series are pretty nice for their price range , played a CD 230 Cedar top as well and I'd say it's worth the money.

Moving on , if you are willing to invest a bit more you might also be able to get a lower end Taylor ( which are one of the top manufacturers currently).

As I said above though , the best thing would be to just hit that shop and start testing them out , there's no better way to buy a guitar and luckily for you in the 500 price range there is plenty to choose from, Good Luck!
Thank you very much, I'll check that Fender, do you know the model of the Taylor one?

But anyway, the shop here has very expensive prices and It's kinda far from where I live
I think the lowest end Taylor might be the Taylor 110, you might have to add another 100 euro though (depending on distributor fees), and possibly more if you're going for the electric-acoustic version. Haven't played one but Taylor is a respectable manufacturer, I doubt they would make anything sub-standard.
Quote by pele_m
I think the lowest end Taylor might be the Taylor 110, you might have to add another 100 euro though (depending on distributor fees), and possibly more if you're going for the electric-acoustic version. Haven't played one but Taylor is a respectable manufacturer, I doubt they would make anything sub-standard.

This is not true.

I love the Taylor sound, but I was only impressed by their 1000+ euro guitars.

Yes every guitar of them has a good build quality, but you can get the same build quality, but nicer sound in the ranges TS is looking at.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 24, 2013,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
This is not true.

I love the Taylor sound, but I was only impressed by their 1000+ euro guitars.

Yes every guitar of them has a good build quality, but you can get the same build quality, but nicer sound in the ranges TS is looking at.

Can you guide me a bit? I feel like i'm a bit confused Q_Q
Might be worth having a look at some Crafter guitars. I seem to recall they're more popular in Europe. I found one here in Canada and it's just as nice as any Taylor or Martin in the same price range.
Last edited by Bijingus at Dec 21, 2013,
Quote by Bijingus
Might be worth having a look at some Crafter guitars. I seem to recall they're more popular in Europe. I found one here in Canada and it's just as nice as any Taylor or Martin in the same price range.

I agree 100% with this ^ ^ ^ ^

I think that Crafter offers one of the best, value-for-money range of guitars on the market. They are very very good quality guitars that play and sound superb. And, spec for spec, a Crafter will cost around a third to a half less that the equivalent Taylor of Martin.