Page 1 of 2
What if you had the choice to give your life for someone else: you die and that person lives. If you don't do it obviously that person dies and you live. It's a painless death. You have no idea who that person is (not you of course) and keep in mind that you'll have to live with the fact that you indirectly killed that person who may or may not have a family, a love, a life, a loving red fish, etc... Would you give your life?

If you think the legitimate choice is to let that person die because it's you or him, what if you'd know that person would die a very painful death? (Your death is still painless if you choose that) Would you still refuse to give your life?

(Btw I'm an alien testing you humans and your selfishness)
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Nope. This life is all I have - why would I give that up for something I won't benefit from at all?
Depends if anyone would know what you'd chosen.

People die all the time, if another person died because you said "i choose life thx" and nobody had any idea then i'm sorry for them but i'd live with it. I mean if you sacrificed your life for someone at random and nobody had any idea what you'd done then again, sorry but why would i?
Selfish though it may seem to some, a sacrifice has meaning if there's someone around to immortalize you by telling the story of your final and noble act.

Besides, i could be saving someone in a permanent coma for all i know.
There is no right answer, all you can do is make the best decision possible when the time comes.

As for how painful a death could be compared to another, my favorite author once said something like this. " Dead is dead, the circumstances of a persons death doesn't matter. It's not like having a painful death would make you any less dead". Or something to that affect.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
I live on and I wouldn't even spend another thought on it because I know the other guy would do the same.
Quote by Basti95
Depends if anyone would know what you'd chosen.

People die all the time, if another person died because you said "i choose life thx" and nobody had any idea then i'm sorry for them but i'd live with it. I mean if you sacrificed your life for someone at random and nobody had any idea what you'd done then again, sorry but why would i?
Selfish though it may seem to some, a sacrifice has meaning if there's someone around to immortalize you by telling the story of your final and noble act.

Besides, i could be saving someone in a permanent coma for all i know.

Why would you even care? You'd be dead anyway.
If I don't know who it is then nah.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

lol, I'm not giving up my life for some person I don't even know. Sucks for him/her. HA!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
doing that has a net of 0

nothx
assuming that our lives are of equal value, it matters not which of us would die. So, if the manner of death was the same, I would sacrifice their life. However, if one introduced a painful death for another person, suicide would be the ethical choice, because they are not ethically equivalent decisions anymore.
No. I am not dying at the expense of a stranger's life. I think it would be ridiculous to do so. Strangers die every day. What difference would this make?
Aight then I shall destroy you humans with my alien laser beams.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by shelovemyguitar
Aight then I shall destroy you humans with my alien laser beams.

I choose life thus increasing the probability you will die.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
What if the person you saved was suicidal, and ended up offing themselves anyways? Or if the person who you save was really old and was going to die in a year anyways, or if the person you save turns out to be the next Adolf Hitler....too many intangibles.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
i don't see a whole lot of difference between this and voluntary suicide

so cold
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
This is a fucking ******ed question. People die constantly. What should anyone care if they don't even know them? EVERYONE DIES EVENTUALLY ANYWAY. I know myself. I love myself. I will choose the person's life I give a shit about.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
This is a fucking ******ed question.

this.

What a stupid ****ing question, really.
banned
I would not. Not even if I knew the person.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by sashki
I do this every day.
I continue to live while hundreds of people in need of organ donations die.

Well that's dark..
Quote by sashki
I do this every day.
I continue to live while hundreds of people in need of organ donations die.

this. +1
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Jackal58
I choose life thus increasing the probability you will die.

If you have no knowledge the person, there's literally no reason to die. it's not "increasing utility" because you don't know if that person has more utility than you. You don't know if that person has more people dependent on him, or more people who will be upset by his passing. It's not selfish to choose life in this case. It'd just be stupid not to.

Also, it's better to be the indirect cause of death rather than the direct cause
Quote by progdude93
If you have no knowledge the person, there's literally no reason to die. it's not "increasing utility" because you don't know if that person has more utility than you. You don't know if that person has more people dependent on him, or more people who will be upset by his passing. It's not selfish to choose life in this case. It'd just be stupid not to.

Also, it's better to be the indirect cause of death rather than the direct cause

Depends entirely upon the circumstances.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by progdude93
elaborate

If you are about to shoot my wife it is far better for me to take action and blow your head off than to do nothing and indirectly allow my wife to die.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
If you are about to shoot my wife it is far better for me to take action and blow your head off than to do nothing and indirectly allow my wife to die.

True, but self-defense is always an exigent circumstance.
Depends on who.

I wouldn't if it was some random stranger, sorry. Doesn't mean I'm "selfish". If I kill myself for another stranger, then my friends and family will be the ones that will suffer.

However, if it was for my brother or parents or something, then yeah, I probably would.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by deadsmileyface
this.

What a stupid ****ing question, really.

Such a fucking *******ed question.

Quote by progdude93
True, but self-defense is always an exigent circumstance.

That scenario would not be self defense. Justifiable homicide in most parts of the world but not self defense.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Lol no. There are innocent people dying everyday and we can't save them all. That's life mate. You're on this earth to live your life. Why give it all away for someone you don't know? Heck, I probably wouldn't even do it for someone I do know.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Page 1 of 2