Page 1 of 2
Do you have tattoos ?
Are tattoos something you admire ?
Do you plan on getting a tattoo ?

Recommend members for tattoo ideas.

I am planning on getting an AC DC tattoos on both my right and left proximal phalanges. What do you guys think ?

On my left proximal phalanges will spell the letters A C D C

On my right proximal phalanges will have the thunder symbol
example

What do you guys think ?
Tacky.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I think it's your body and your decision, but my advice would be simply 'no'.

I've seen some amazing tattoo artwork, and respect the genre, but tattoo's that can't be easily covered WILL limit your career opportunities.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
A) There's a body mod thread where you'll get better responses
B) Don't call them phalanges. We can all see they're fingers. Just say "knuckle tattoos", "proximal phalanges" makes you sound like a tit.
C) Those are really tacky. I'm sorry, but band tattoos are rarely a good idea in any case, let alone ugly ones on your knuckles.
Only if you want to look like you've been in prison. Almost no employers are going to employ you with tattoos on you fingers, if you want a tattoo get one that can be easily covered.
A: Didn't see the thread
B: English is my second language. The word " knuckle " didn't come to mind.
C: what do you recommend for tattoos ?
I've got several tattoos, but I would not get any that I can't cover up easily because most people still think tattoos=criminal scum. If you're planning on getting a job at some point I would avoid the knuckle tattoos.
Definitely don't get them on your fingers, and don't get something related to a band.

Be original.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Not into tattoos. I don't really admire them on anyone except like vietnam vets with the old drawing of a bomber on their chest. Like guys who had tattoos before tattoos were part of culture because back then generally the people who got them were tough mother****ers. And I guess I can respect the more high quality artistic sleeve tattoos and stuff, but that's not really admiration. Girls with the stereotypical butterflies and flock of birds and shit just makes me laugh. "Oh I'm gonna show my individuality and spirit with this tattoo of a mockingbird on my shoulder that 8 million other people also have."

I don't have anything against them or people who are into them, I just don't think they're this great thing worthy of my high regard. I'm weirded out by crazy piercings though.
Last edited by Seref at Nov 22, 2013,
I want to be as covered in tattoos as Travis Barker.

But not yet. I only have three right now and they're easily covered. I'm not going to get neck/lower arm tattoos until my career is a bit more stable.

Edit: Also, what the guy below me said.
Last edited by archangels at Nov 22, 2013,
Dont Get That
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I wouldn't get your knuckles tattooed until you have complete job stability and are doing what you want or see yourself doing for a long time. That being said, it is your body, if you want your hands tattooed then it's your decision. People are warming up to employing more heavily tattooed people nowadays. There are still a lot of places that would like you to either cover them or just have small ones as they deem them unprofessional. It's different for everyone. Depends on what sector of work you want to enter. I have 17 altogether and luckily my bosses aren't concerned about them.
Last edited by 666nate666 at Nov 22, 2013,
i can appreciate reasonably-sized, cool/pretty but understated ones, like symbols that mean something to you. i don't think it's a great idea to get a band tattoo because that kind of fandom seems odd to me. eventually your love for a band won't be as strong, and you'll be left with just a permanent reminder on your body that at some point in your life you were crazy enough about that band to do that to yourself.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Nov 22, 2013,
I think if you have to ask about getting a tattoo, then you probably aren't ready for one. These threads come up all the time. When someone's idea for a tattoo is met with criticism, they say "fuck you, it's my body, I can do what I want". They can do as they please, but then why bother asking for opinions?

What looks like your favourite band's logo now will be a green blob on your arm in 10 years time. Don't get a tattoo just because you think it looks nice, get one that really means something to you. It's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling, for better or worse.

I get the impression that people love the idea of a tattoo, and the cultural capital associated with it, more than any particular design itself.
jesus

wept
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It is my plan to one day travel to Ukraine and get this guy to draw something on me.

Haven't got anything right now.
it's interesting that someone intelligent enough to know what 'right and left proximal phalanges' are could want such an unashamedly hideous set of tattoos. AC/DC? On your knuckles? Christ.
I have no sig, and neither do I want one.
I've got several tattoos, including a half sleeve, and my ribs.

But that sounds like a really shit idea that you'll regret in like 6 months
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I once met a man with an ACDC tattoo.

He was a belligerent drunk who sat behind me on a plane ride.

He was a ****ing ass the whole time and he kept on drinking even though he was drunk when he got on the plane. His wife and the airline employees did nothing to stop him.

Think about this when you're getting that tattoo.

Anyway, as far as my tattoos, I don't have any yet. I am planning on getting the EHG logo, the Black Flag bars and the Black Sabbath demon. I don't know where, but yeah.
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Nov 22, 2013,
Personally, I got my first tattoo last week. I plan on eventually getting more shit on my back and shoulders, but the career field I desire requires me to predominantly wear suits so I don't have to worry about covering them up.

Don't do the AC/DC tat if you have no serious plans of ever becoming a rockstar or a rapper. You'll just look dumb.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I got nothing.

I'd like to get me one of those Chozo artifacts symbols from metroid prime on my chest.

Would this be a bad idea, too?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Snake™
Personally, I got my first tattoo last week. I plan on eventually getting more shit on my back and shoulders, but the career field I desire requires me to predominantly wear suits so I don't have to worry about covering them up.

Don't do the AC/DC tat if you have no serious plans of ever becoming a rockstar or a rapper. You'll just look dumb.

So are you saying that if I become a rockstar I should get one lol ?
Quote by Spambot_2
I got nothing.

I'd like to get me one of those Chozo artifacts symbols from metroid prime on my chest.

Would this be a bad idea, too?

That's sounds nice, many people won't know it's video game related. Plus, chest tattoos are fairly easy to conceal
- - - - - - - - - - -
I do not know about this, decorating your skin to make yourself feel better, seems vain and somewhat pathetic to me. If you still plan on grooming yourself, get a piercing- those are easier to get rid off once you change your mind.
Part of me wants to get something like a piece of classical of baroque art on my shoulder. Like maybe the Astronomer

or some Rembrandt

or something along those lines.
I am getting an 8 point sunwheel on my shoulder, some mushrooms under a smiling sun (one of my dads tats), and a Celtic dog (for my mom). After that, IDK. Maybe something for LOTR.

Brother, you could hear the astronomer screaming "I'm a progdude" from a couple miles.

Though I feel like limiting it to your shoulder would not do justice to it, mainly for the size.
Unless you have shoulders as big as my chest, in that case it would be pretty awesome if you ask me.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I'm a bit of a fruity twat who thoroughly loves where I'm from so I've been thinking about getting the county border outlined on me as horrible and cringey as it is
Quote by Spambot_2
Brother, you could hear the astronomer screaming "I'm a progdude" from a couple miles.

Though I feel like limiting it to your shoulder would not do justice to it, mainly for the size.
Unless you have shoulders as big as my chest, in that case it would be pretty awesome if you ask me.

yeah, you could be right. I haven't given it too much thought, because the amount of detail required would make the tattoo far more expensive than I can afford now anyway.
Quote by willT08
I'm a bit of a fruity twat who thoroughly loves where I'm from so I've been thinking about getting the county border outlined on me as horrible and cringey as it is

99% of people who do this are from New Jersey. You should rethink this.
Quote by progdude93
99% of people who do this are from New Jersey. You should rethink this.

Yeah but we don't have NJ stereotypes here to foil me.
Quote by willT08

meaningful to you, abstract and meaningless to most. that isn't so bad.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by willT08

Damn I just pictured myself doing it

People from all around the world would be like "why the **** you have a boot tattooed on your arm?"
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I have no tattoos and I don't want any. Anyone who gets a tattoo that can't be easily covered up is really messing up.
I have a blue aegishalmur tattoo on my wrist.

We do have a thread for this mind.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Nov 22, 2013,
Page 1 of 2