looks like a standard blues shuffle/boogie-woogie deal to me. C7.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
A lot of times, I've just seen something like that whole thing notated as C. Usually, something like this is going to be in a 12 bar blues shuffle. So, those 2 bars would be notated as C. I wouldn't bother to notate the individual diads.
Either "C7" which is commonly interpreted as a "dominant 7th chord". (Bb is actually a b7 of the key of C major, and is the "V" chord in F major. Were the Bb note to occur in the bass, you could use, "slash chord" notation, as in, "C/Bb".

If you were writing this on a staff, it would depend on the key. In C major you would need to mark the "incidental flat" next to the note. In F major, Bb occurs naturally, so do nothing.
I agree with crazysam. You don't need to write the chord name over every chord because the chord isn't really even changing. The chord this riff is played over is C7.

But yeah, if you want to give a name to that chord, it would be C7, at least in this context.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Captaincranky
If you were writing this on a staff, it would depend on the key. In C major you would need to mark the "incidental flat" next to the note. In F major, Bb occurs naturally, so do nothing.

Assuming this was written on a staff, the chord name (a la a professional tab book) would still probably be notated as C or C7 for the whole 2 bars. The overall harmony doesn't really change.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Assuming this was written on a staff, the chord name (a la a professional tab book) would still probably be notated as C or C7 for the whole 2 bars. The overall harmony doesn't really change.
Isn't that what I said.....

Besides, that part of my post addresses itself to the whole "musical staff", the old "Every Good Boy Does Fine" thingy. Where you would have to show an incidental flat in C major. No?

Did you ever see the "Methodist Hymnal", (or other denomination)? They don't even have the chord letters above the staff, let alone "tab". Here's a compromise......

Then there's "F-A-C-E".........(wait for it)....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 23, 2013,