Beginner here, I would like to ask a question about how to "properly" holding the neck and the pick (electric guitar).

Is it about preference or one or two only ways?

Pics please.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've said it before and I'll be saying it again:
If you go into the Guitar Techniques subforum you will see the following:
"READ THIS STICKY (guide to all techniques)"
READ IT!

I'm saying this because countless of threads here are being answered with FP's vids and this sticky has them all.
baab
Quote by My Last Words
I've said it before and I'll be saying it again:
If you go into the Guitar Techniques subforum you will see the following:
"READ THIS STICKY (guide to all techniques)"
READ IT!

I'm saying this because countless of threads here are being answered with FP's vids and this sticky has them all.

sorry for my ignorance.
what zaphod said

with the proviso that if you've found a way that works for you and you're certain it's not going to cause injury or hold your technique back, then that's ok too.

also the last thread on holding the neck of your guitar/thumb position got hilarious pretty quickly.

EDIT: ^ don't worry about it you should see some of the regulars' early posts (mine especially) if you want a good laugh
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 23, 2013,