Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Apr 5, 2015,
Hey man, I've listened to your older stuff and wasn't really impressed but this one really got me. I love the melodies and the variations you used. Here comes the full critique:

1-5: I'm not sure if I like a slap bass starting off in bar 1 but the Jazzy chords were extremely catchy and lush.

6-18: Transition was a bit abrupt between this one and the last. Maybe try chucking in another (distorted) fade from guitar 2 at bar 5. Anyway, the sparingly used harmonies are great and I love the subtle variations. The bass fill in bar 12 was awesome too.

19-26: The dead notes here are really good. It's very energetic and technical, yet also very tasteful. Not the easiest thing to do by any means. I think your transition into the next section is a little dodgy though.

27-39: This has a nice melody but maybe at around bar 31, add in an additional harmony or modulate it or something. My favourite part of this piece though is when the piano hits that C# in bar 36 that ties into the 3rd beat. Really loved that part of the melody. Then all of a sudden it ended.

So let's review that, we have awesome individual sections but some lousy transitions. What I might recommend to you is you split these ideas up where the tempo changes and make two songs and confine yourself to those tempos. This is something I've been doing for the past two years or so and it has worked relatively well for me in terms of transitions (IMO). Otherwise you've got some smashing ideas and I hope they get recorded for real sometime.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you could C4C?
@Hayden
Awesome crit man. I really appreciate it. The whole piece was really just a few riffs I happened to come up with at different times. I wouldn't really even call this a song. The transitions are weak, definitely. But yeah incorporating that C# in the piano adds a really cool feel to the whole thing.

@Epi
Cool man haha. I hear it a little but can't really pair what I'm hearing to the price I wrote though.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I don't know if you guys remember this song but I added a lot to it. Figured I'd upload it and see if I can get any feedback on it.
Attachments:
dfgdfg5.gp5
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
It sounds fantastic to me. The transitions/arranging just need a bit of attention, and then it would be fantastic. I'd love to hear a recorded version.

The only other criticism I can think of is that I'm not sure I like the idea of fading drums from bar 45 but it sounds like you're going to be making changes there anyway.

All in all, nice stuff!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Thanks Emperor. I'm still trying to make these transitions better but that's always been my weak side. Do you have any advice? Like what transitions stand out the most that need attention?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Transitions have always been my weak side too! The transition between bars 18 and 19 seems too sudden to me, although it's not necessarily bad. I'd say something similar about bars 44 to 45. I think those were the most obvious transitions to me.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Thanks man. I'll try taking a look and giving it another go!
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE