I have been thinking about this since I am pretty much clueless on what to get for my birthday, so I might choose a guitar.

Only problem is, I am not sure on what type to get, and it seems like most acoustic guitars are really expensive. Which kind of explains why my parents ended up getting me a fender telecoustic last time.

So I am wondering about this, the budget is like $200 though because I still need other things.

Any ideas? I was thinking about looking at ebay?
$200 will get you a nice Ymaha fg700s. it's a great budget guitar that has a solid top instead of the usual $200 laminate top. great sustain and playability. it'll match up against guitars at 2 or 3 times the price.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by stepchildusmc
$200 will get you a nice Ymaha fg700s. it's a great budget guitar that has a solid top instead of the usual $200 laminate top. great sustain and playability. it'll match up against guitars at 2 or 3 times the price.

^This, all day, errr day
Thanks, for whatever reason I thought Yamaha was a bad guitar brand(probably since I used to go to Glamis a lot and there were so many ATVs made by Yamaha).
hmm... i've owned a coupla R1's over the last couple of years and they make great bikes. didn't know the atv's were bad.
The really bad news is that Yamaha no longer makes tennis racquets. I guess that still makes them one up on Honda, because I don't believe they ever did.

Quote by stepchildusmc
hmm... i've owned a coupla R1's over the last couple of years and they make great bikes. didn't know the atv's were bad.

I had a 1980, 650 Yammie "Maxim", didn't have to retire it until about '07, or '08.

I still see those old 4 cylinder, "cruisers", plugging around our "university city" area, from time to time.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Nov 23, 2013,
Actually the ATVs are good... just mine sucked because the original owner decided that it would be cool to make it run on jet fuel.
Quote by matthewzguitarz
Actually the ATVs are good... just mine sucked because the original owner decided that it would be cool to make it run on jet fuel.

OK, we're far enough off topic that we may need an ATV to get back to it.....

That notwithstanding, how the heck did he get it to burn? "JP" designated fuels are closer to diesel fuel and kerosene than they are to gasoline.

Although, apparently low temperature mixes do contain something on the order of naptha.

If you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_fuel

Yamaha is an industrial conglomerate, although perhaps not as large as Honda, (automobile product), Hitachi, (tools and elevators), and Kawasaki, who manufactured Philly's last run of trolley cars! Kawasaki's line of motorcycles is sort of like a hobby to them.
I had a Yammie 650 special with high handlebars, coooool lucky i'm still here.

And as for the guitar ..... I'd go with step FG 700 series. Cheers
hmm...an atv on jp5 or jp7. yep, your right...yours sucked. look on the bright side matt, at least you weren't some kiwi running around with ape-hangers !!!

Varoom, varoom, suckas.....

OK, hang on guys. (Bad pun intended). There's no reason to get all flustered and imagine you're suffering from, "handlebar envy".