Hey guys, been thinking about changing my rig again (as you do) and was wondering what I should be changing/adding

So far in my recording rig I currently have

Guitars; Gibson Faded V, Dean Razorback Two tone and my RG7321, plus a bass (not sure on the model but it's a Musicman clone)

Amplifiers; Laney AOR 100 and Engl Fireball 60 (Silver)

Cabinet; Roadkill 2X12 with Vintage 30's.

Effects; Bad Monkey Overdrive.

Interface; Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

Now I was thinking about a noisegate of some sort, but I wouldn't be sure what to look for in a gate and was also thinking of upgrading my 7 string.

I don't really use any effects for the music I write, but maybe a delay pedal and a chorus would be handy?

Totally lost here guys, thought I'd ask you guys for advice.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by chip46
Not really helping you out here, but how do you like your Focusrite Scarlett? It's on my to-buy list.

Thanks for the response, I really like it as an interface. It's very clean sounding and it doesn't distort at high volumes.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Isp decimator seems to be the one to go for. Or a Boss NS2.

Maybe some weird effect to funk things up?
Or an octave pedal. Always love messing around with one of them
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
If you are playing/recording with your interface may be check out some VST plugin? Or Overloud High Gain by TH2?
How are you recording and what are you recording? guitars? vocals? everything

Being a guitar forum I assume guitars.

If you can make noise in your place with the amps that you have I would suggest a nice guitar mic

-Sennheiser e906.

If you can't make much noise I would suggest a POD HD series, which should get you far better tones than the amp if you can't use much in the way of volume. Even then, I find the PODs can get great recording tone. If you can afford, i'd even go as far as to suggest a Kemper (looking to upgrade my pod to one myself)

Another thing that may help as well is a high quality ADC. Ross Martins PCM4222 is amazing for the price. That is if you record using the Microphone route. I would recommend going the simulation route for guitar unless you are willing to invest in a mic, interface and eventually preamp. I use a vintech preamp and it makes a massive difference (especially on vocals).
A looper?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Also forgot to mention I own a 57!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
What sort of music are you playing and in what setting?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Hey Cath, thanks for the response.

Probably mainly Metal/Hard Rock (so Think Scorpions, Gary Moore's more heavy stuff, Priest, Angel Witch and Maiden)

But I also want to get back into live use again, but considering I'm playing Bass in a band it's not going to happen any time soon haha

I also lend my gear out to a Youth organization to do some gigs with very young bands as I want them to have decent gear instead of using the Line Six Spider 4's that I have to mix with... Yuk!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
you need an acoustic.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Oo wow. I feel like I did not completely read your post at first. A noisegate is definitely a great idea. I love the isp decimator g string pedal. Amazing noise gate.

With that said, for recording I still think you'd get a bigger bang for the buck with something like a POD HD. For live use you can use it for effects, but its really recording where I find that it shines.