So this guy is selling a Dean ZX for 35$ he said it needs a new bridge and its missing the 0 fret or nut whatever you want to call it, but it has a huge chip of paint missing, I want to know if this is fixable by myself or if i have to take it so someone

(Invalid img)

Sorry I'm new to here and don't know how to link the post

Thanks for your help, guys
That does not look like a chip that you can fix with the standard tools most people have lying around their house, or at least to me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Damn I wanted to buy it only cause it seems pretty cheap and I think i might be able to talk him down in price. i didn't want to buy it and have to spend to much money on it. Thank you though
the chip wont effect it much, but the other stuff can be fixed probably easily; gonna cost a little for the bridge and the nut but it seems all good.
So you think paying the 35 dollars is worth it? I know it's not much but still lol.
as long as it works when you plug it in to an amp; if you go to buy it off him have yourselfs test it out by plugging it in to an amplifyer and and tapping the pickups with a screw driver; if it works the amp will make a boom noise (depending on which pickup the switch has selected) post some more pictures of it man, lets assess this.
Quote by b56748
as long as it works when you plug it in to an amp; if you go to buy it off him have yourselfs test it out by plugging it in to an amplifyer and and tapping the pickups with a screw driver; if it works the amp will make a boom noise (depending on which pickup the switch has selected) post some more pictures of it man, lets assess this.

You got it man, here is the Ad man!

(Invalid img)
Last edited by Gibby77 at Nov 23, 2013,
seems like its in pretty good condition, im not really seeing whats wrong with the bridge? a nut is obviously needed though, those cost like either its 15 or 25 bucks at a guitar store (sounds expensive for a tiny piece that i feel costs $1 to make) and you just messure it up and find glue er in there. however if it does need a new bridge is needed it may cost you i dont know the price off the top of my head, but it would probably be rather to replace, all in all $35 bucks for a guitar 200 new with minor issues seems like a good deal, id say go for it.
oh and i also forgot to mention make sure its the right size nut, probably just ask the dude/chick at the counter what the best one for it is.
Quote by b56748
seems like its in pretty good condition, im not really seeing whats wrong with the bridge? a nut is obviously needed though, those cost like either its 15 or 25 bucks at a guitar store (sounds expensive for a tiny piece that i feel costs $1 to make) and you just messure it up and find glue er in there. however if it does need a new bridge is needed it may cost you i dont know the price off the top of my head, but it would probably be rather to replace, all in all $35 bucks for a guitar 200 new with minor issues seems like a good deal, id say go for it.

Thanks man I really appreciate your help. I'm going to buy it tomorrow if he is home. people here seem a lot nicer than on other forums ha. Once again i greatly appreciate you helping me man!