Thread title might be kinda shitty, but I'm drunk so pardon me. Before you immediately criticize, just let me explain what I mean.

I don't mean women who get pregnant should be punished. What I'm referring to is the fact that tens of thousands more people are brought into the foster care system annually (whether through CPS or parents giving kids up) than those who exit the system (whether through adoption of coming of age).

The difference is VERY significant. And while sexual education obviously helps to prevent these unwanted pregnancies, it's not doing enough.

So irresponsible people who have unprotected sex while unable to deal with the potential consequences aren't just affecting their lives, they're affecting other lives. And they force the government to shell out tons of money on the kid. So don't you think there should be some form of economic sanction taken out on people who get pregnant (I'm including the male here too, btw) when they never had any intention of keeping the baby?

Cases where a single mom or dad or whatever had to give up his 4 year old and 2 year old because he got laid off and couldn't feed them is another issue. But the people who have a kid and immediately put it up for adoption should be forced to cough up some cash. Every year. Maybe it should be taken from their tax refund or something.

PS in my mind, for the people who are conservative enough to not be religiously okay with abortion could never be religiously okay with premarital sex. So by engaging in premarital sex, you abandon any claim to the "well abortion is against my religion" excuse.

Thoughts?
Well I smoked a joint and read an article about the foster care problem so I couldn't just stop thinking about it lol
Quote by progdude93
Well I smoked a joint and read an article about the foster care problem so I couldn't just stop thinking about it lol

man normally when I get high I just zone out and watch south park til i giggle myself to sleep
I am jealous that you are able to think/type so coherently while drunk haha.

I get what you're saying in your last para but being against abortion is not just a religious/conservative thing, and I don't think these three things need to be lumped together when discussing this topic. It's useful for political discussions but I don't see this as a political discussion so yeah.

Still thinking about this I will post again later.
cat
i think more birth control should be made available. specifically, male hormonal birth control.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
ill get around to reading this later when its not 3:46 AM and i can barely focus

but i just want to say a drunk thread that isnt "jasdjakdhfkjalsd iamfn druqnk rit now" is a good change of pace.
Quote by -Mantra-
Whats a fun drunk then?

Someone who doesn't bring up the important social issues of our nation
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by soundgarden1986
ill get around to reading this later when its not 3:46 AM and i can barely focus

but i just want to say a drunk thread that isnt "jasdjakdhfkjalsd iamfn druqnk rit now" is a good change of pace.

i can hold my liquor sir
Quote by Skynyrd890
Someone who doesn't bring up the important social issues of our nation

I'm a poli sci guy, stop busting my balls
Quote by progdude93
I'm a poli sci guy, stop busting my balls

Whatever happened to just sweeping things under the rug, and never speaking about them? Those were the days, son.
You bastard southerners will use any excuse to not have to learn about the Civil War in school
Quote by progdude93
You bastard southerners will use any excuse to not have to learn about the Civil War in school

It's easy to say that with an army that outnumbered us 2:1 you yanky son of a bitch!

I wish we had increasingly angry "mad" faces...
Quote by Skynyrd890
It's easy to say that with an army that outnumbered us 2:1 you yanky son of a bitch!

I wish we had increasingly angry "mad" faces...

Don't start something you can't finish!

and yeah, that'd be great
Quote by progdude93
Don't start something you can't finish!

and yeah, that'd be great

DON'T STEP ON MY RIGHTS TO OWN CONSCIOUS PROPERTY! I HATE LABOR!
Man, I get drunk and high to not think about things like this.

In principle the idea of holding people accountable for the expense their negligence and self-centredness is perfectly acceptable, it's a good idea on moral grounds, I don't believe anyone would argue that it's apporpriate to have children with no plan regarding how to take care of them. However the practical issue is with litigation and expense, after all to avoid only penalising the mother for a pregnancy that she had a maximum of half the responsibility for; you need to arrange paternity tests amongst other costly administration. Without any such measures in place, only the fathers honest enough to admit their responsibility could be fined, which would increase the incentive simply to lie or run away.

Good idea in principle, would probably struggle to break even in reality. Given the potential losses considering how hard it could be to track down a good half of the responsible parties, resources would be better directed into child care initiatives.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man normally when I get high I just zone out and watch south park til i giggle myself to sleep

This is me, except I keep South Park on mute and then turn on some really thug rap music and watch their mouths and actions sync up to the music. Then I giggle myself to sleep.

That or I will sit around reminiscing about my day as if it happened far in the past.

Example:
"Remember the time we went to walmart and I threw that ball at your face?"
"Yeah, that was today."
"Yeah. Remember the time we got out of that speeding ticket?"
"Yes. That was today too."
"Yeah, good times, man."

And it will go on like that forever until I run out of things to remember that day. I don't smoke anymore. I get way too stupid and dysfunctional. No idea how people have productive deep conversations high, but I sure as hell can't.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
And it will go on like that forever until I run out of things to remember that day. I don't smoke anymore. I get way too stupid and dysfunctional. No idea how people have productive deep conversations high, but I sure as hell can't.

They just seem productive and deep at the time. Although the more you get aclimatised to it the more you can smoke before you reach the "man, what do colours, like, you know, sound like dude?" territory.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
It's not going to stop pregnancies. People are still going to make bad decisions based on other risk factors (such as drugs/alcohol influences during sex) no matter how much red tape you apply.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 23, 2013,
I agree with what's in the OP, including the PS.
The rest of the thread,

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Pregnancy is a wrong that one should be punished for.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by -Mantra-
Whats a fun drunk then?

Someone who keeps the rest of the drinking party amused with stupid shit and self-inflicted injuries.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by theogonia777
Pregnancy is a wrong that one should be punished for.

Isn't getting covered in stretch marks then having to deal with a screaming baby 24/7 punishment enough?!
lol, 'penalized'.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Eugenics ftw
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by Skynyrd890
You must be a boring fucking drunk lol

I've been known to start teaching physics while blackout drunk
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It's not going to stop pregnancies. People are still going to make bad decisions based on other risk factors (such as drugs/alcohol influences during sex) no matter how much red tape you apply.

It's not really a preventative measure as much as a way to alleviate a system that is broke.

It's an interesting idea, I would like to hear it in the form of a debate.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
TS says that sex education isn't doing enough, assuming we have good and widespread sex education.

We have tons of people who don't even know how a hymen works for Christ's sake.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
If you're pregnant you've already been penalized...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Just woke up, time to see if this makes sense to me stone cold sober. Though tbh I still feel a bit loosey-goosey right now.
Quote by sage76
Eugenics ftw

You should probably stop using words you don't understand. Not for my sake; I find it hilarious. But for yours.

Quote by rockingamer2
TS says that sex education isn't doing enough, assuming we have good and widespread sex education.

We have tons of people who don't even know how a hymen works for Christ's sake.

But yeah, you're right, we do need to expand it. However, there are people who are opposed to sexual education (conservatives) who will still end up having premarital sex, because, and let's be honest, shit's pretty cash.
Last edited by progdude93 at Nov 23, 2013,
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I've been known to start teaching physics while blackout drunk

When I'm drunk, physics starts to teach me.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore