I'm looking for my first 7 string, and an RG7321 has come up for sale at a very cheap price.

Shall I go for it? Anyone own / play one?

Any help appreciated. Cheers.
RIP Tom Searle.
Depends on how cheap. I bought one for $160 USD. It was in great shape and was a great entry level 7-string. I bought it knowing I was going to eventually change everything, i.e. Pickups, bridge, tuners. I ended up getting rid of it due to a strat catching my eye. Good guitar for what it was. However, with budget, location, etc. I'm sure you will get a lot more help and suggestions.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Hey. I have 7321 and I really like it. The neck is a dream to play on- flat and fast. The stock pickups were a little lacking for me (not a big surprise). So I put a set of Seymour Duncan Blackouts in it. It screams now...and growls on the low end. Overall, a worthy entry-model 7 string.
I have one, I like it a lot! It has a DiMarzio Liquifire in the bridge I believe and it sounds awesome and plays really well for the price I paid. Definitely worth looking into.
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite FR CRED
Ibanez RG7321FM w/ DiMarzio Bridge pickup
Roland CUBE 40XL
Digitech RP355

Quote by zgr0826
Banned because Raep = Me Gusta

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by bobafettacheese
Depends on how cheap. I bought one for $160 USD. It was in great shape and was a great entry level 7-string. I bought it knowing I was going to eventually change everything, i.e. Pickups, bridge, tuners. I ended up getting rid of it due to a strat catching my eye. Good guitar for what it was. However, with budget, location, etc. I'm sure you will get a lot more help and suggestions.

I live in New Zealand. Second hand 7 strings are pretty damn rare (and expensive).

Anyway, I've done some research. The general consensus seems to be that if you replace the stock pickups, they're pretty damn good guitars. Looks like I'm going for it
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400

Anyway, I've done some research. The general consensus seems to be that if you replace the stock pickups, they're pretty damn good guitars. Looks like I'm going for it

Just a moment: do you have a set of replacement 7-string pickups in mind already? Do you know how much they cost? Because you need to factor those- and the labor costs of whomever will do the swap- into your budget.

If that total is equivalent to other 7s in NZ, rare and expensive though they are, you need to compare the dal on that basis.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!