Hello.

I would like to ask you if this is a correct and "playable" action on this guitar. I'm a beginner and I find playing really difficult, but I wonder if that's just me being beginner or also the guitar itself.
It is a Korean model from 1996 - very good models. Once this guitar fell down on it's neck and as you can see on the pictures the fretboard "unglued" itself and went up. I glued it up with my father. And then went to luthier, he said I glued it alright, but it needs some fretwork, so he did it and I guess it's good now? There's no fretbuzz, maybe a little bit on 12-15 fret on EAD, but nothing significant.

Please, help me on this one, give me some feedback.

Excuse my English, I'm from Poland.

Have a good day!

Pics:

String action at 12th fret

Bridge

Beauty, isn't it

String action on all frets

Action around 3mm or so.
Action height is very much a subjective thing. Because everyone plays guitar slightly differently, the ideal action for a guitar is determined largely by the player itself, and ideally not by the guitar. There is no 'right' action height, it's just a matter of what you find comfortable playing without any fret buzz coming through the amp.

The only thing I'm really obliged to say is that my Gibson V is set up with a similar action to that. So you're definitely in the right ballpark in my opinion.

As for finding it hard for you to play the guitar, it's probably just you.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 23, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Action height is very much a subjective thing. Because everyone plays guitar slightly differently, the ideal action for a guitar is determined largely by the player itself, and ideally not by the guitar. There is no 'right' action height, it's just a matter of what you find comfortable playing without any fret buzz coming through the amp.

The only thing I'm really obliged to say is that my Gibson V is set up with a similar action to that. So you're definitely in the right ballpark in my opinion.

As for finding it hard for you to play the guitar, it's probably just you.

Thanks so much. So now I know there's nothing wrong with the action and I can finally focus on practice, no excuses now.