The last year or 2 I've really turned into quite the jackson fanboy ha. up to about 4 Jacksons as of now, not Including the other 3 I've been through. finally pulled the trigger on a king v though, always wanted one, damn you Dave mustaine.

Jackson KVMGQ pro amber burst

Quilt maple top
Alder body with King V shape
3-piece maple neck with graphite reinforcement
Ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets
EMG 81/85 humbucking pickups
Jackson die-cast tuners
Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo
Black hardware
Dunlop strap locks

I was worried when I ordered this thing if a quilt top would look funny on a king v, but damn does this amber burst looks beautiful. The direct mount pickups are a good touch also, but I might switch out the emgs for something else, but idk. out of the box it was setup perfectly, Floyd rose n all, just needs some new strings. for what it is, a metal guitar, it's a 10. looks badass, sounds loud, and sits on the shoulder nice. What else do you need

and the family
Last edited by Slayterica at Nov 23, 2013,
That's an awesome collection of guitars, dude.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Slayterica
ya sorry doing this on my phone wasnt working so well lol. fixed it though

That's better lol. Nice collection, really like that V..grats!
excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice, how does the new Indian Pro series compare to the older ones?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Nice axe! Don't really like the colour of the inlays on the new Pro series, but the rest looks bitchin'. I need to correct you on what pickups you say are in the guitar. It's the 81/89, not the 85. Essentially the 89 is the same as the 85 but it has a single coil mode. If you pull up on the volume control, it'll split the pickup and you'll be able to do single coil tones on the neck pickup.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Nice, hot looking quilt on that bad boy- HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Slayterica
The last year or 2 I've really turned into quite the jackson fanboy ha. up to about 4 Jacksons as of now, not Including the other 3 I've been through.

Ha, me too. Me too. Been a big fan of the brand for about 6 years now, even though I've only got two of them myself. A pair of DK2Ms, one white, one black...

Anyway, very cool axe. I've been really quite impressed with the spec sheets of the new pro series. I like nearly every model better than I like the old Japanese pro models (the DK2M excepted, of course!). The downside, naturally, being that they don't come with that 'Made in Japan' sticker any more. I'm sad about that. Chushin Gakki was almost as big a Jackson legend as San Dimas.

Quote by Fisheth24
Nice, how does the new Indian Pro series compare to the older ones?

As far as I know, the bolt-ons in the new pro series are Mexican and the neck throughs are Indonesian. Though last I heard a few months back, the folks at Jackson were planning to move all production to the Mexican factory once they had the production lines sorted. I don't know if that's happened or not.

Slayterica, did your KV have a sticker saying where it was made? I'm wondering if that change happened or not. I'd also love to hear more about what you think of the build quality, fit and finish. Any little problems, or all perfect?

I like the new pros, but I'm a bit wary that they won't be as well put together as the Japanese ones. I haven't had a chance to play one, and all I have to go on are one or two people who've posted NGD threads on the JCF. One of the new DK2Ms and one of the new SL2Qs.

I wouldn't mind a Mexican DK2M myself to sit alongside my Japanese ones -

- or perhaps one of the KVs in the white with black bevels. That's a classy looking axe.

HNGD!
Beautiful guitar, I was always disappointed in my more metal days that Jackson didn't offer a option of a hard tail on this kind of design Jackson King V. I know they had the white one, but I liked this one more along with the headstock.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
my king v has a made in Indonesia sticker on the back. and as far as quality, I keep looking but can't find anything to complain about. no problems in the quality as of yet, i don't want to say 100% perfect, but it's pretty darn close. paint/wood/electronics/floyd/ neck all of it no complaints. I've also had the newer dk2m pro also, and that was the same way. A quality guitar
Quote by Slayterica
my king v has a made in Indonesia sticker on the back. and as far as quality, I keep looking but can't find anything to complain about. no problems in the quality as of yet, i don't want to say 100% perfect, but it's pretty darn close. paint/wood/electronics/floyd/ neck all of it no complaints. I've also had the newer dk2m pro also, and that was the same way. A quality guitar

Good to hear. I see these and want them to be good, but there's still going to be a part of me disappointed that they're not Japanese any more. I'll think about grabbing one a new pro at some point.
Ya Japanese will always be better, but the new Jacksons are nothing to look down on. they're still top quality
Looks awesome, dude.

I'm the LTD equivalent of you - absolute fanboy
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Good to hear. I see these and want them to be good, but there's still going to be a part of me disappointed that they're not Japanese any more.

ditto
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Beautiful guitar dude, Love the finish.

Gotta ask how does that Dominion sound/play? Been looking at one for a while.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
Beautiful guitar dude, Love the finish.

Gotta ask how does that Dominion sound/play? Been looking at one for a while.

worth every penny, I got it used but if it was lost I would definitely fork over the 1500 to replace it. dare I say it would even rival a les paul. except it has has a chambered body so it not so heavy, but not light either, split coil pickups, ebony fretboard, bare mahogany neck, and it's made in japan. definitely the best instrument I've ever owned. The dual 59s are great too, perfect for metal and clean or anything in between. I was skeptical at first because a lot of signatures kinda suck, but this is definitely the exception, don't need to to be a mark Morton fan to enjoy enjoy this axe