I'm currently playing a B.C Rich mockingbird ST with Rose Floyd tuned down to C-drop, and I really like everything about the guitar except for those crappy Rockfield pickups, so now I'm looking for new ones!
Though I dont really know what to look for...
My band plays progressive rock/metal, and it's alot of melodies, so I want nice harmonics, but I also want to be able to really get that deathly "chug" and such.
And of course I want to be able to play nice clean stuff.
I use a POD HD500 for effects and such.
So far I've been looking at DiMarzio and EMG. DiMarzio Titan and Illuminator. EMG 60, 85, 81X and 89.
Can anyone help me out? Are these ones I've been looking at good? Or should I look for other pickups?
Thanks.
Last edited by Rememb at Nov 23, 2013,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 23, 2013,
I love the JB its a good versatile pickup. I would also consider the Duncan Distortion since you're down tuning and will have a bit more output and will sound tighter but still be a versatile pickup.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
The Seymour Duncan SH-4JB is a good pickup- they're stock in the Fernandes Ravelle Elite & Ravelle Goldtop Ltd. (I have one of each & love 'em), for instance.

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/ravelle/ravelle-elite.html
http://www.aamps.us/fernandes_guitars/fernandes_ravelle_gold_top_limited.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 23, 2013,
I play in a prog-rock/metal band and I use a SH4 in the bridge of my G-400. We tune from E to Drop C and it works fine for me.

You might want to look at the Dimarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire combo
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate