I've been playing an acoustic guitar consistenly for about six months, and I've reached the point where I can play C, A, G, E, and D chord songs pretty well, and I can also play a small (or lazy?) F chord. But when I try to transition from D chord to F chord, I struggle (House of the Rising Sun). And I feel like I've reached the plateau where I'm not a beginner anymore, but I have a hard time progressing my guitar skills. So any tips on breaking my plateau point?
Just keep practicing. You're still really in the baby steps stage of playing so just keep going.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by jimmykim100
I feel like I've reached the plateau where I'm not a beginner anymore, but I have a hard time progressing my guitar skills.

Sorry buddy, but you're still a beginner
The obviously, to me, is that you need to get a good teacher and see them regularly. Apart from the steady flow of material, they ought to be able to fix bad technique - which you may not be aware of - and the regular face-to-face will be a wonderful incentive to practise efficiently.
I agree with what Zaphod said. Keep practicing. If you are having trouble changing from D to F chords, you just need to practice those songs until it becomes comfortable for you. Then learn more songs with new, unfamiliar chords to help you grow. It does get easier with practice and patience.
just keep learning more songs and playing them until they sound like the radio. 6 months is just figuring out whether or not you're even going to make guitar a serious thing a lot of times