Been offered a JCM 900 4X12 1960 B for £180, should I go for it or are the Harley Benton cabs I was looking at better?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Depends, man. They are about the same price for the Marshall or a HB 2x12. I'd take the 4x12, personally. I like those Marshall cabs. Even more when you upgrade the speakers. Though, if it's stock those have 75s right? Those aren't bad. Reinforce the bar on the inside, add some foam, caulk the inside edges and those things are super gnarly. Though, stock they are still good. I just remember reading about those mods for those cabs a few years ago and my buddy and I did them to his 1960A and it was a monster cab after.
Last edited by VishNuRoXoUt at Nov 23, 2013,
well do you want G12T75 speakers or V30 speakers?

You have a cab with V30's in your sig, get the Marshall unless you really like the V30's. The AOR's sound really nice with G12H30 type speakers though IMO.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Nov 23, 2013,
Well the guy who has it has said the cab has Mckensie speakers in?

I'm not really a speaker guy, so I thought I'd ask!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Never heard of those speakers. Go try it out and see if you like them, but I would not buy without checking them out.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
and of course there is the logical part.....do you gig much, will you have room for it and what sound are you looking for....not only the speakers add to that but a 412 and a 212 do sound different. I have heard alot of people getting the HB just cause of the speaker price and quality but how´s the build quality/weight compared to a marshall?
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Quote by Blackst4r
and of course there is the logical part.....do you gig much, will you have room for it and what sound are you looking for....not only the speakers add to that but a 412 and a 212 do sound different. I have heard alot of people getting the HB just cause of the speaker price and quality but how´s the build quality/weight compared to a marshall?

I don't gig much at all now, but that's just because I have no band. I want to get back into it though. The thing is, I could really use a 4X12 because of my back. I've had two major surgeries and I've got an open wound, making it really, really hard to bend down. I still can't lift anything though, that's what Bassists are for.

Cause I already have a 2X12, I could just stick the 2x12 on top and plug both of them in to run a 6x12, right? Assuming the ohmages are different, because both my heads can take different ohm's.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Well it looks like the speakers are Mckenzie Professional series C12 85 Bass

Anyone heard of these? Apparently they're running at 16 ohms.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
the ohms of the cabs need to be the same, not different.

HB cabs are plywood, Marshall cabs are plywood with a MDF back panel, I think HB is as good build wise.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ah ok, I was wondering about that, just because of my back... he's selling another one for 220,but I've also spotted an Orange 2X12 (it's open back) for that price...

Think I'll leave it for now to be honest. I'm pretty happy with my amp/cab set up.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Ah ok, I was wondering about that, just because of my back... he's selling another one for 220,but I've also spotted an Orange 2X12 (it's open back) for that price...

Think I'll leave it for now to be honest. I'm pretty happy with my amp/cab set up.

open back is really different sound wise too....the orange will have v30´s aswell...and be heavy as hell ;-)...I´m switching my rig to an orange rockerverb 50 and 212´s and for my use it´s closed back. Best bet is trying em out to see what works best for you

...my basist get´s away with murder.....I need one that´ll carry stuff for me!!
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy