Hi there!

I am new to playing the electric guitar, so I must counsel your expertise! I have the option to buy a 1997 S classic (420) or a GB AV7. Both are 200 dollars and in perfect condition. I can't choose between the nice clean sound of the Ibanez or the sound of the GB. Here's to say that my ear isn't really yet trained enough to pick a preference.

-Which guitar is the better overall (value)?
-Which is easier to play?

Thanks in advance!

Alex
i haven't tried greg bennett but the ibanez is a japanese-made one (as far as i'm aware- to check, look at the serial number on the back of the headstock, japanese ones start with an "F"). if it's in good condition, in other words (and you're sure it's legit), go with that. i haven't tried that specific model, but pretty much any MIJ ibanez (at least the more recent ones) is a pro-quality guitar, at least once you've done a pickup swap. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure a greg bennett is a "pro quality" guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 23, 2013,
Yes its a MIJ, thanks for your response! What do you think about the sound differences?
As I said, I haven't tried the greg bennett, but looking at the specs (which is hardly ideal, obviously) I'd assume the GB would sound more or less like a les paul, whereas the ibanez (again, based on the s series guitars I've tried, I haven't tried that one) will probably sound a bit less fat and a bit more modern.

as i said, if the ibanez is an MIJ one and it's in good condition and legit, I'd have thought the ibanez would be way better. Though obviously personal preference will play a part too since it's a different style of guitar.

I'd say objectively the ibanez is probably the better guitar (as i said already, assuming it's legit and in good condition) but that's not to say that subjectively you might not prefer the greg bennett.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 24, 2013,