That lion killing thread reminded me of this story I read a few weeks ago:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/more-sports/outdoors/20131030-dallas-safari-club-auction-of-black-rhino-hunt-draws-praise-criticism.ece

Basically, a Safari Club is auctioning a tag for an endangered black rhino. They claim that it will only be an old, post-breeding rhino and the proceeds will go towards conservation of the species.

Personally, I'm ok with it so long as it brings in massive funding for conservation projects. What I'm not cool with is the fact that there are rich fucks out there who can only get hard by murdering an endangered species. Fuck them straight to hell.

Discuss.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
What I'm not cool with is the fact that there are rich fucks out there who can only get hard by murdering an endangered species. Fuck them straight to hell.

Yeah basically this. Fuck sport hunters in general.
inb4 Will valiantly not caring
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I wonder how it tastes

probably really chewy or something, meh
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
It seems weird auctioning the death rights to something in order to preserve the species. Like I get it, but it's weird.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by MadClownDisease
As interesting as this is, does it really warrant a new thread? It's the exact same topic as the lion thread.

No, it's really not. This is about the moral conundrum of killing a species to save a species. The lion thread is just about getting mad and a dumb bitch.
Quote by Hydra150
inb4 Will valiantly not caring

But I reaaally don't care

And don't get why everyone else cares so much. It's like you've all forgotten you're human, and we can kill whales who don't even live on fucking land are you mad? that's sick. do i have to talk about my whale fantasy again?
who thinks killing a lion is bad

hunting for sport is just ridiculous. I can only perceive it as psychopathic behaviour. Hunting for food is perfectly normal and every carnivorous/omnivorous species partakes in it, but for fun? We are hardly as civilized as many of us like to think.
Quote by willT08
But I reaaally don't care

And don't get why everyone else cares so much. It's like you've all forgotten you're human, and we can kill whales who don't even live on fucking land are you mad? that's sick. do i have to talk about my whale fantasy again?

I would love to hear your whale fantasy
Quote by deathofagod
hunting for sport is just ridiculous. I can only perceive it as psychopathic behaviour. Hunting for food is perfectly normal and every carnivorous/omnivorous species partakes in it, but for fun? We are hardly as civilized as many of us like to think.

I think that people advertise to a global audience that they want MONEY for you to FLY and SHOOT the animals they BUILT a conservation to maintain is a fairly decent sign of civilization
Quote by willT08
I think that people advertise to a global audience that they want MONEY for you to FLY and SHOOT the animals they BUILT a conservation to maintain is a fairly decent sign of civilization

Yes, to that extent we are civilised. You may notice in my comment I mentioned we're not AS civilised as we think, I didn't say we were completely uncivilised. I am obviously quite aware of civilisation as a whole and everything we've achieved with that but I'm mostly referring to our civility in a behavioural capacity.
Quote by soundgarden1986
whats this whale fantasy

seems like a more interesting topic

Oh. I just think the idea that humans are so clever that we build boats, hunt animals we have no right even knowing about (like d'ya think squirrels even know what a whale is m8) and have figured out ways to kill these monstrous animals is pretty awesome. I like the thought of a boatful of Japanese men watching the life leave a whale's eyes

also, blowhole sex
Quote by willT08
Oh. I just think the idea that humans are so clever that we build boats, hunt animals we have no right even knowing about (like d'ya think squirrels even know what a whale is m8) and have figured out ways to kill these monstrous animals is pretty awesome. I like the thought of a boatful of Japanese men watching the life leave a whale's eyes

also, blowhole sex

Yeah wouldn't it be great if we maybe applied this intelligence to everything but killing shit for shits and giggles. I mean, monstrous animals? Really?! I can already tell you're either in the same class of psycho-inclined people as game hunters or just a dumbass troll and as such won't even bother responding to you any further, good day.
You know how most people who kill people start with small animals? I'm sure the power of deduction can handle the rest of my point.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Dallas Safari Club
lol

This is similar to the Luxenbourg Navy Veterans Society.
Last edited by Malchius at Nov 23, 2013,
Quote by StewieSwan
No, it's really not. This is about the moral conundrum of killing a species to save a species. The lion thread is just about getting mad and a dumb bitch.

It's exactly the same as what's happening with lion. People are upset about the idea of hunting a vulnerable and impressive animal, but hunting is helping save the species - as was mentioned in the lion thread, it was on a ranch where the animals are bred to be hunted. By paying to hunt the lion, she is supporting the breeding of lions.

It's the same basic principle.
No, it's not ok. Not just with the lions but the rest of the animals.
I would like to see how a hunter without any weapon will fight against a lion. That'll be funny to see.
Quote by SrThompson
I would like to see how a hunter without any weapon will fight against a lion. That'll be funny to see.

I understand your sentiment here, but you have to realize that thought and technology are all that set the human race apart.

We aren't fast. We aren't agile. We don't have acute senses.

Telling a human to fight without the advantages that his intelligence can bring him is the same as declawing that same lion and expecting it to survive.

That's a bit of a tangent, yes.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by captainsnazz
Yeah basically this. Fuck sport hunters in general.

I agree with this sentiment
banned
Quote by eGraham
I understand your sentiment here, but you have to realize that thought and technology are all that set the human race apart.

Telling a human to fight without the advantages that his intelligence can bring him is the same as declawing that same lion and expecting it to survive.

I got the point.
But if we got the power of being logical, we better use it.
Animals won't attack for fun and put your head in their living room and brag about it on facebook.
Last edited by SrThompson at Nov 23, 2013,
Quote by SrThompson

Here you go!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oR_cax2ALA
It was kind of anticlimactic. The lion got bored and went back to eating/sleeping/generally being a lion, and the guy declared victory and got the hell out of there, because the lion wasn't the only huge pussy in that cage.
Quote by eGraham

Not really. The technology of guns and shit are accumulated and acquired from other people. The lone human's intelligence would let them craft wooden spears or set traps or have plans and shit and that would be "fair".
You think killing a lion is bad?

Try Drew Sharp

he never stood a chance

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana