Hello. i have a vox valvetronix AD 60 blue. my problem is the sound on my clean channel on gig loudness. the sound is awfully trebly or bright i thing its called "ear piercing sound" I guess it could be a reverb ,treble or presence issue. do you have anny experience with this? thanx

My settings are: (1 means o clock)
Black Fender amp model
Gain 12
Treble 12
Mid 3
Bass 1
Presence 1
Spring Reverb 1
Turn the treble and presence down more?

What guitar(s) are you using?
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
how bout adding in more bass and mids I mean look at your posted settings and seems like it's pretty obvious.
LPs are very mid heavy guitars and according to your settings you lack mids and bass which is where most of that guitars sound would be. what exactly are you trying to achieve tone wise that has you uping the treble and barely using mid and bass?
Quote by monwobobbo
LPs are very mid heavy guitars and according to your settings you lack mids and bass which is where most of that guitars sound would be. what exactly are you trying to achieve tone wise that has you uping the treble and barely using mid and bass?

I think he actually has the mids and the bass boosted more than the treble, because he's written the settings with the "clock" positions rather than conventional number markings - so his mids are actually turned up almost all the way and the bass is actually a little higher than the treble.

I would recommend turning the tone control on the guitar down a little (how much depends on how much you need to turn it down before the harshness is gone). Also I kind of suspect you might benefit from turning the mids down a notch or two, because too much midrange can give your tone a nasal honk that can make your guitar sound a bit ear piercing as well.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Blompcube is right number 1 means the clockwise one, so the middle is allmost on maximum. maximum is 5h.
I think putting everything at 12 o clock would be your starting point (gig loudness) and then start tweaking from there, With my Les Paul (of course different animal) my settings are :
Bass 10 (o clock)
Mid 12 (o clock)
Treb 1 (o clock)
Gain up to taste and the presence control is the "high mid" frequencies so, pretty low I guess that should work.

Here is another thing to look carefully up: your pickup heights and if they are to close to the trebly side (3rd-2nd-1st strings). Between the two pickups you must have a nice tone and volume in the neck pickup (a little more high on the treble side) and then when you switch to the bridge pickup it's nice to have a tad more volume (pickup closer to strings in general) and again the treble side lifted. This "tad" more volume prevents your guitar to feel like "hollow-dead-anemic" when you switch the pickups to solo. But if the overall height of the pickups is way up the whole guitar would sound harsh, not defined, ear piercing or whatever you want to call it.
In general you have to hear 3 different sounds as you switch from the bridge pickup, both and the neck pickup. Personally I set my pickups , to hear (with both on) the sound of the 6th -5th and 4th string almost like the neck pickup but a little different and the trebly strings almost to sound like the bridge pickup.

Hope that the whole explanation was not so boring and helps
If you like how it sounds but get that laser treble when you turn it up, get a couple of safety pins and hang some fabric over some of the speaker. Move it around until it it sounds right. When you find out where it works best, take the grille clothe off, pin it to the inside in the same place, and drive on. Worked for a friend of mine.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.
what? safety pins. how does that look like? can you paste some link please.
^his controls are set as though they are pointing to those numbers on a clock. So the mids are actually nearly maxed out.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
ahh i thought it meant 12 like 1-12

i didnt read. durrrrrrr.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
what? safety pins. how does that look like? can you paste some link please.
If it's pinned on the inside of the grille cloth, there's nothing to see.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.
maybe the action on the guitar is too low. Also try different picks. lower treble.