My local music store has a used Epiphone LP Custom PRO for $320, and Guitar Center has the Standard PT PRO for $499 brand new.. What are the key differences between each-other? The Custom appeals to me, but recently it was about to be picked up- and luckily the guy backed out of it.. lol.. what do you guys think? Thanks in advance..

Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
The only real difference between the two(aside from looks) is the neck on the Custom Pro, which has the slim tapered D profile. I'd say play 'em both and decide which you like best, but the Custom Pro is a hard deal to pass up at that price.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
I'd say go for the Custom, unless the looks of the Standard appeals to you enough to spend the extra money. Feature wise they are about the same.
Christmas came along; and I got the Les Paul-100.. it's noticably heavier than the Special, and has low-gain pickups.. (just the way I like it..) only wish it had binding.. -.- oh well,
it's as good as you're gonna get for $250 in Western Mass!
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!