Guess The Pit is as good a place as any for this thread?

Self explanatory really, I'm looking at getting some monitor speakers to use with both an amp (currently have emu-out on Blackstar HT-5 but looking into modellers) and my PC for casual listening. I'm aware that it's not the norm for casual listening but I quite like the uncoloured, even clarity that comes with my M50 headphones and I don't want to buy 2 sets of speakers now.

So far I'm thinking a pair of Yamaha HS-80s (~£408):

Hit me with other suggestions in the same price range (or less). Are there any monitors that are better for dual use as casual listening too?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Wow nope, I don't know of anything in the 600 USD area. I use logitech ones that were less than a third of that.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Do you mean using them from a speaker level output from an amp? For that, you'd need passive monitors, but for use from your PC, you'd need powered or active monitors.

He means with a guitar amp the Blackstar HT5 which has an emulated output i think
Quote by So-Cal
He means with a guitar amp the Blackstar HT5 which has an emulated output i think

I'm going to assume that's a line level output then.

If so, TS, consider asking for money for Christmas, get £600 together, and pick up some Kef X300a speakers. They are true active monitors, have USB and analogue audio inputs, and are pretty much as perfect as £600 will get you.