I need some advice on guitar strings.

I currently use 10 - 46 Ernie ball regulars on an Epi Les Paul standard but I would like to change to tunings like drop d and c without the fret buzz.

Could you guys recommend some string gauges that would allow me to do this but also play standard tuning well?

And one more thing, if I change to [string gauge] will it affect the guitars nut or is that something i dont have to worry about.
If you were to tune the guitar to drop D I don't think you would need to change your strings. If you were to tune the guitar down 2 whole steps to C then its always nice to have a heavy gauge string just to put tension back on the neck. I really like Ernie ball 11-48 or 11-54 for low tuning stuff. However I wouldn't recommend standard turning with a heavy set of stings just because it could warp the neck. You might be able to get away with tuning your guitar to C with the string you have on it now, just don't leave it like that for a few days because the neck might bend causing fret buzzing etc. Hope that helped.
Its time for tea.
Depends. Did the guitar originally come with 9s? You can generally go up or down a gauge without having to do much to your guitar's setup. If you decide that you want to go up to 11s, it's going to have an effect on the guitar. You'll want to check and probably adjust the nut, bridge, intontation, action and truss rod.

As far as recommending string gauges for other tunings... No idea. I typically play only in standard tunings, but have gone up a size without having to make any major changes to my setup.
I use 10-52 sets on my G-400 and I tune from E to drop C and they work fine for me, no fret buzz either.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It's a matter of preference, really.

I feel my .12-.56 too sloppy for B, right for C# or D.
Judging from your .10s for standard, I'd go with .11-50 for drop C and .11/.12-.52 for standard C (just in case you wanna drop that too).
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Turns out my epi came with 10s originally

So it shouldn't be a problem if i switch to some Ernie ball 11 - 48 and tune to standard right?
Quote by Not Soo Noobish
Turns out my epi came with 10s originally

So it shouldn't be a problem if i switch to some Ernie ball 11 - 48 and tune to standard right?

You might need the nut re-slotted, but you may be OK
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Not Soo Noobish
I would like to change to tunings like drop d and c without the fret buzz.

Could you guys recommend some string gauges that would allow me to do this but also play standard tuning well?

really with that kind of range it's going to involve some level of compromise- it'll likely be too tight in E and too loose in drop C (at least for the low E string). if you're ok with that, then no worries.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?