Curios?

I've have two guitars necks warp on me in the last month, and my guitar tech said is was my technique. What do you guys think?
Unless your technique involves bending the neck regularly and forcefully it seems highly unlikely.

I would, however, take a reasonably careful look at where and how you store your instruments.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Unless your technique involves bending the neck regularly and forcefully it seems highly unlikely.

I would, however, take a reasonably careful look at where and how you store your instruments.

I store it in a hard-shell guitar case at night or when I'm away, keep it out in the open during the day for easy access.
Then it's seeming more unlikely by the second. Obviously there must be some reason and I would really think of your technique last but I don't have nearly enough information to say anything with full confidence.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Then it's seeming more unlikely by the second. Obviously there must be some reason and I would really think of your technique last but I don't have nearly enough information to say anything with full confidence.

Case of bad luck?

Could it be the weather? It IS kinda dry in my room, but not OVERLY dry.

I have a cheap-ass bullet strat, and I keep it out of case year-round, had it longer than both guitars and its neck hasn't warped at all. Used it longer than both guitars as well.
Quote by Biebsy
Case of bad luck?

Luck is a word people use to explain things they don't understand. There is cause, we just don't know what it is.

Quote by Biebsy
Could it be the weather? It IS kinda dry in my room, but not OVERLY dry.

I have a cheap-ass bullet strat, and I keep it out of case year-round, had it longer than both guitars and its neck hasn't warped at all. Used it longer than both guitars as well.

That kind of eliminates it being your technique, which means it must be something in the environment. Weather change seems most likely but unless it's drastic I wouldn't expect it to do that much, have you changed string gauges recently and not set up your guitars properly.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Nope! Still has it's stock strings (Its only about a 15 day old guitar for me at least... tech told me to change them soon.) I'm not sure how long the guitar sat on Guitars Centers wall, however, which I heard could very well be a cause for it. I'm not a big fan of guitars hanging on walls, and it IS a 700$ guitar.

I live in New England and the weather does change a little every once in a while. For ex, in this winter weather, it was about 50F a day ago, and tonight its suppose to be 25F. Buuut, my room is usually heated pretty well, so I can't imagine outside temperatures are a huge cause. And I keep it in its case at night.

The only thing I can think of is humidity. The other thing (Although this seems about as likely as the technique thing) is my hands tend to get clamy when playing. Could my sweat be soaking into the wood of the guitar even though it has a finish over it? I tend to wipe the guitar with a rag every 15 minutes while I use it.
Unless you play your guitar with drum sticks then I can't really see why it would do that.

Are you very careless with your guitar? Ie drop it, lean on it etc?
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by ProgFripp74
Unless you play your guitar with drum sticks then I can't really see why it would do that.

Are you very careless with your guitar? Ie drop it, lean on it etc?

Hell no. I take a ton of care of it.
Quote by Biebsy

I've have two guitars necks warp on me in the last month, and my guitar tech said is was my technique. What do you guys think?

I think you need to change guitar techs.

You might also consider keeping your guitar IN THE CASE if you have variable weather conditions. The more slowly that temperature and moisture variations influence your guitar, the less likely you are to have issues with warpage.

I assume your guitar necks are finished (as in *not bare wood*).
You'd need to have some seriously ****ed up technique to cause the neck to warp after such a short time. Immediately this sounds to me like your "guitar tech" is a dick and refuses to fix your guitar for what most likely is a manufacturing issue that when sold was either known or unknown at the time. If it was a cheap guitar then I'd say you get what you pay for, but for a $700 guitar that's inexcusable. I'd probably have a go at the manager of the guitar store to be honest haha.
Quote by dspellman
I think you need to change guitar techs.

You might also consider keeping your guitar IN THE CASE if you have variable weather conditions. The more slowly that temperature and moisture variations influence your guitar, the less likely you are to have issues with warpage.

I assume your guitar necks are finished (as in *not bare wood*).

The first guitar had no finish but this 700$ does.
Get a different guitar tech.

The guitar's neck is stiff as a baseball bat - good luck bending that with your bare hands.