Yes.

a good interface will give you the ability run extremely close at ZERO latency. ( there has never been a true Zero Latency recording system Ever since all systems are based on the the speed of electricity

but it's not just the interface,. you have to Play back your tracks in real time plus the effects,. so you have to have a fast computer to handle that part and that is a HUGE part of the whole picture.

the PC part is what most people overlook, even if you have a slow computer it will still record near to Zero Latency on the first track first take, But if you have 50 tracks with samples effects etc, Your simply not going to get all that playing back in real time AND record at the same time.

most DAW's have Latency compensation today but the measure of how good they are depends on you.
Last edited by T4D at Nov 24, 2013,
It's certainly lower than using your sound card's line in, if that's what you're asking.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by T4D
Yes.

a good interface will give you the ability run extremely close at ZERO latency. ( there has never been a true Zero Latency recording system Ever since all systems are based on the the speed of electricity

The biggest problem is data interfaces' speed with audio interfaces.
An audio interface will also probably introduce more latency than your sound card, though the quality will be much better unless you already have a really good sound card.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Presumably, it would depend on the recording situation as to what amount of latency is tolerable? For my bedroom recording, I get about 16ms from my Alesis Io2, which is imperceptible when playing stuff. Probably not the best, but I haven't noticed it to be a limitation. In what kind of situation would much lower latency be necessary, or make a notable difference?
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.