Page 1 of 2
I think that most of us have gone through dark and difficult times in our lives. Care to share your low point? I've found that talking about things can actually help.
RIP Tom Searle.
No.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
I got dumped, robbed, and unemployed in about two-three weeks of one another. I felt pretty awful then.

It gets better though.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
this year has been shit.

lost a longtime relationship because of my own stupid self, been ill and in pain for most of it, an addiction problem, managing depression and the stagnant progress of my life in general (aside from the unending shitstream)

This year and the last have been quite grim.
ayy lmao
I realized that the s*h*i*t*stain known as Justin Bieber was still alive and making garbage music.

That was a pretty low point in my life.

XD
I truly did go through an incredibly dark period up until about 6 months ago that lasted for about a year and a half...
I gotta say, I feel so incredibly different these days that I can't relate to those feelings at all anymore, and it amazes me. OP, if you're going through a dark period yourself right now... trust me, things will improve. For me, what worked was finally losing my virginity haha.. but everyone seems to have their own thing that starts that positive chain reaction, hope you find yours soon
i had just broken up with my baby mama, my mother (the only parent who was influential in my life) had just left me with the responsibility of her house by moving to another state and writing everything over to my name, i was deep in my struggle with alcoholism.
last year was tough for me.

somehow, i managed to make my mothers home last more than 6 months. i partied every chance i got, invited strange people over, had a number of different roommates, and never once held a job. the house turned into a wasteland. every day i had to find a way to feed myself, keep myself warm (this was during the winter months and we had no money for heat), and keep myself from being sober. i got really wasted, high, and made a lot of mistakes before i was able to dig my way out of that one.

now, i am basically living with my ex, making it work one day at a time. i love my daughter and living the way i did taught me to love and appreciate my gf.
now i live in hope, instead of fear.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
someone very close to me died last summer, it was beyond unexpected. basically found out when the police showed up at my door to inform me. no will, left me and my family with the burden of sorting through the affairs while trying to cope with the grief, which for myself came with the added fun of trying to get through university, as well as work all at the same time. then the family dog got hit by a car about 3 weeks later, which just compounded everything.

I burned out real quick, couldn't handle it, let some very negative people into my life, took pretty much up until this spring to bounce back. Still not totally back to my old self yet. im in repair. not together but i'm getting there.

I get chills when I look back on what life was like for me last year. don't think I would've made it through if it wasn't for my family, my girl, and my friends.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Nov 24, 2013,
mm probably my last year of high school and first year of uni. So about 2-3 years ago. mostly because I was raped and issues resulting from that but also just some very toxic unhealthy relationships in general, a childhood friend and my grandfather died, and I didn't have any confidence in myself or outside support to bring myself out of any of this.

I think a lot of what helped me get through this was due to moving on campus last year - basically forced me to interact with people I otherwise would never have spoken to, made me a bit less shy, and living on my own taught me a lot about myself. So i guess I feel more secure in who I am than I was before.

I'm not better yet but I'm getting there
cat
Getting out of jail around midday with my head against the passenger side door's glass looking straight down at the lines of the road feeling psychologically sick knowing that my problems were nowhere near the caliber of "true" problems that the neighbors I had met in that shithold must face every day for longer than you guys can care to get over a depressive span and knowing that those people have NO [rpb;ems compared to others seeing as they actually have a meal to eat every day albeit it being a shitty pbj sandwich, and knowing 1st worlders commit suicide more and knowing that telling others that others have it worse elsewhere is a terrible way to get someone out of their funk, even though its completely up to them.
Last edited by Fat Lard at Nov 24, 2013,
I read this reddit thread awhile ago, probably in MorbidReality, that was about suicides off the Golden Gate Bridge, and this one guy that survived his suicide was interviewed and he said, and I paraphrase, that the moment he jumped, it completely became clear to him that all of his problems, everything that lead him to this instant, could be fixed or bettered.
High school is #1 for me. Second worst was the 2 years after I dropped out that I had no job, no friends, no emotional support, no privacy, and no motivation to change myself or my circumstances.
Right now is my low point, but I feel I've lived a good enough life that what I'm going through now isn't much to complain about, so I won't say anything...though it makes me worried about how I'll handle things if something worse happens...
I've had some problems in the past but I'm pretty much done with those.
also: I have always had a quite positive outlook on life which is nice!

but seriously, hang in there guys!
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
thursday, december 6th 2012
came home from work to a half empty house and engagement ring left on the coffee table
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last year I was depressed as sh*t because my life was going absolutely nowhere

Of course, it still is going absolutey nowhere and sucks for many reasons I will not disclose but I feel vaguely optimistic again.
So I haven't really properly left that low point yet I guess.
I have nothing important to say
kidney stones and teeth out within 3 days of each other. pretty shitty month if you ask me.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by JackSaints
Last year I was depressed as sh*t because my life was going absolutely nowhere

Of course, it still is going absolutey nowhere and sucks for many reasons I will not disclose but I feel vaguely optimistic again.
So I haven't really properly left that low point yet I guess.

This has been my whole year.
Quote by Fat Lard
Getting out of jail around midday with my head against the passenger side door's glass looking straight down at the lines of the road feeling psychologically sick knowing that my problems were nowhere near the caliber of "true" problems that the neighbors I had met in that shithold must face every day for longer than you guys can care to get over a depressive span and knowing that those people have NO [rpb;ems compared to others seeing as they actually have a meal to eat every day albeit it being a shitty pbj sandwich, and knowing 1st worlders commit suicide more and knowing that telling others that others have it worse elsewhere is a terrible way to get someone out of their funk, even though its completely up to them.

Yeah I agree and this is the thing. I've lived 2 years in 3rd world countries, which isn't a ton but enough to see some things for how they are. You have tons of people that don't have shit, no meal is granted for days in between. Sleeping on cardboard (at best) in the street is normal because any sort of house is luxury. In spite of all this and awful circumstances, it's not those sad faces with grief and suffering like bullshit charity commercials portray it - they're extremely good at coping together as groups/family, laughing their asses off and making the most out of it. Depression, isolation, psychological issues, being suicidal is the 1st world thing yet we have all our primary needs met. Which is worse, really? Impossible to say as they're so different - but it is true, the "people are worse off in X" speech does absolutely nothing.

My lowest point is long story but it's just involves a family murder followed by loss of an unborn child, discovering having been deeply deceived for almost a year by the woman I loved who then completely trashed my place, stole my cash savings ran off and became a hooker. That sorta sounds funny, which it sort of is. GL all
About the two weeks leading up to Christmas last year. I can't really think of what it was really that was so bad about it I think it was probably just a combination of everything but it was the only time I've ever contemplated suicide. Luckily one of my friends was able to talk me out of it without even realising she was doing it.
There was this one time in my second semester of college. It was weird. I started taking this medicine and reacted real badly. I became completely ridiculous on this stuff.

Like I would have to take it at around 7pm and then within an hour I would basically be almost knocked out. I couldn't keep my eyes open or do anything, but I also couldn't fall asleep, so I would lay there in bed for like three hours doing nothing. When I woke up in the morning, I was still basically like that for a few hours.

It got worse though. After about a week or so, I developed a physical dependency for the stuff. Once it started to get to around 5pm, I would get really sick until I took it. There were a couple of nights where I forgot to take it, and I ended up being unable to sleep those nights and spent the next day throwing up.

I also began having panic attacks and delusions all the time. For example, I became friends with this guy in one of my classes, but I was somewhat convinces that he wasn't real because he was just that weird, and after I came off of the meds I never saw him again. I would guess that he was real though because a lot of the stuff he talked to me about was things that I didn't know of, but most of it was factually correct, such as where his hometown was and some other things.

I also almost became as born again Christian because that's how out of touch with anything was. It was very strange.

At some point during all of this I managed to goof up my knee, and so I could barely walk. And worst of all, I was afflicted with a lovely patch of costochondritis, so that further limited what I could do physically.

The whole thing really had a lasting impact on me. It's like, even though you know that one day you will die, you don't really know it as being like... a real thing, if that makes sense. Once it hits as being real, you really can't go back, and it really makes life feel rather empty.

Quote by RevileN
I realized that the s*h*i*t*stain known as Justin Bieber was still alive and making garbage music.

That was a pretty low point in my life.

XD

You think that was a low point? Wait until you get to high school.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Middle August this year. I just started my training and experienced the first taste of any form of uniformed group ever. I had signed on to be a Firefighter regular as part of a scholarship, and around this time I was seriously considering quitting my course and paying the liquidated damages. This was the first in a very long time where I cried for myself.

I'm coping much better now, but after I finish my training I still have to serve the force for 4.5 years. At this point I'm kind of like fuck dat shit, but they sponsored my tertiary education and the amount of money they gave me has set me for a university education, as well as spruced up my resume. I'll just have to suck it up for the next few years, and then I'll be a free man!
Quote by theogonia777

The whole thing really had a lasting impact on me. It's like, even though you know that one day you will die, you don't really know it as being like... a real thing, if that makes sense. Once it hits as being real, you really can't go back, and it really makes life feel rather empty.

I don't really exactly understand how you came to that conclusion, but that's definitely a thing. I knew it pretty well when I was a lot younger (stuff I've talked about on here a long time ago that I don't want to relive or discuss) but it is a little different when you feel all of these things personally. It's selfish, but I can't really help it.

When you are personally put in the situation it gives you a new perspective. It's pretty significant to know that somebody close to you has cancer. The emotions are genuine, they are strong, and they are rooted in a feeling of complete and utter helplessness. But it's even harder when you are the person with cancer. Sure I didn't really experience cancer thankfully because I had (have?) a "good" cancer. But it's still completely horrible.

It simply opens your eyes to a new perception. Even if thyroid cancer is pussy shit. You have major surgeries that you don't have a choice in having. You have radiation that you don't have a choice in having. You have to take a variety of pills every day for the rest of your life staggered throughout the day that determine important aspects of how you function and could cause you to die if you don't take them long term and you don't have a choice. The trouble is control. At the end of the day you can die incredibly easily and you have no ability to change that. Having that feeling first hand and having it loom over you for two years and counting is hard. Having to continually go into the really shitty areas of hospitals is hard.

It's selfish and terrible for me to think any of this, but that's my lowest moment. I'm full of shit, I'm a selfish dick, I'm trivializing how serious cancer is for people who actually experience it and have to deal with it and slowly die from it, whatever else you are probably going to say to me. But it's horrible and when you were already just turning the corner with other really hard things to try and weather and are already depressed and failing at life it's pretty tough. Combined with the natural results of having a very low thyroid level for an extended period of time it becomes just completely terrible.

It's turning around a lot I guess but I don't feel that way. My thyroid levels are still low so I don't have any energy and feel pretty down a lot. I don't get to see the people in my life that genuinely do never fail to help me keep my head up simply due to their own obligations because they actually do something productive with their life right now. Plus I still have cancer and the only thing I've gained from it is the ability to just take a continual beating from life while taking it in stride with a half-assed smile.

I know what my lowest moments are in much more detail and they are much more specific but I don't want to share them with anyone. I don't see why any of you are entitled to it or what you could offer upon reading them.

Cringe & laugh at my fake "troubles" I guess. I'm a stupid kid and I have stupid kid thoughts, feelings, whatever. I recognize it and get it, I don't need to be reminded by other stupid kids.
That day I thought suicide sounded lovely.

Nothing big even happened. It was just a realization of hopelessness, like there was no chance for me to ever be anything but miserable.

Now I hardly even care when bad things happen to me. I'm just like "okay life is that all you got? Lolllll I can deal with that I have before"
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Not even getting interviews for entry level jobs that I'm over qualified for :/

All paid work I've done has been under the table pay.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Cringe & laugh at my fake "troubles" I guess. I'm a stupid kid and I have stupid kid thoughts, feelings, whatever. I recognize it and get it, I don't need to be reminded by other stupid kids.

No need to explain yourself man!
there's no use in beating yourself up about how other people are worse off.
considering your own problems to be "trivial" can actually motivate you in a way..
but I'm guessing you know this allready.. anyway, have a hug

my uncle had thyroid cancer and he unfortunately passed away 2 years ago..
left a wife, 3 daughters and a son.
the girls took it quite well but the boy was 9 years old at that time and he seems to have some trouble growing up without a dad.. He always lightens up a bit when I spend time with him which I like to do because he reminds me a bit of myself (although my dad is still kickin, thank god!)
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
13-14 years old, living in a crappy trailer 5 miles from any major road and 10+ miles from any store or gas station, living with my mom and autistic brother on $30 a month (after bills) for food, gas, diapers, formula, and daycare. Had more than a few days where I didn't go into school because I was having panic attacks, or simply because I needed to watch my brother for the day. Rough stuff when you gotta do it every day.

But yeah, it gets better. Never thought it would, but dammit, it got better.
Last edited by JenoUnion at Nov 24, 2013,
Quote by CrazyMatt

my uncle had thyroid cancer and he unfortunately passed away 2 years ago..
left a wife, 3 daughters and a son.
the girls took it quite well but the boy was 9 years old at that time and he seems to have some trouble growing up without a dad.. He seems to lighten up a bit when I spend time with him which I like to do because he reminds me a bit of myself (although my dad is still kickin, thank god!)

I feel really bad when I talk about it because of situations like this. I'm really sorry & I didn't mean to make light of thyroid cancer. I just sort of try to make it seem less awful to take the edge off when I have to talk about it with people because it's a pretty heavy thing to come up and I feel really guilty about it. I suppose it's a bad habit but I feel like it's just as bad considering a lot of people go through a lot worse. Again I'm sorry I can barely even truly understand how terrible that is for your uncle, his family and through that you. I didn't mean to offend you.

That's my biggest fear. Mortality rate for me is ~2% over 10 years but to be honest I don't really understand exactly what happens beyond that. There's also a slight risk the radiation I took to mitigate the risk related to thyroid cancer could leave me with a different cancer. So really I don't know if I can properly breathe a sigh of relief about this & I'm really scared that I'll start a family and then it'll pop back up again. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose your dad to cancer at that age or to be the dad. It's just horrible.

Glad to know you are helping the kid out though. Good man.
Visiting the Mariana Trench.
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by whywefight
my low point is yet to hit. i can see it from here though.

Same here. But do we really want to do anything about it?
Some pretty heavy stuff in here, wow.

Lowest point of my life would have to be when I finished my first year of university and told myself I was never going back, didn't fill my intent to register for the next year. I broke up with my awesome, long time girlfriend, who I wish now I had still, a few weeks after finishing my year, for almost no reason. That summer I worked a decent summer job but thinking I was never going back to school and that I could just work jobs like that the rest of my life. By time winter rolled around, I had no job anymore and was dating a new girl who just wasn't right. Neither of us had a job and just sat around smoking dope and being absolutely useless. It strained my relationship with my mom so much looking back that I feel awful for it. Even more, my mom helped me get a mortgage an old house that I intended to flip and make some money on. I hardly did anything with it and in the end sold it for little more than what I had paid. Not the worst thing that could have happened, but when I think about it now that could have been one of the best things to ever happen in my life and I completely wasted the opportunity, because I was too busy partying with my degenerate friends and girlfriend. I'm back in school now 2000km away from home because I felt like I had to start over and pick up some place new. I'm way happier now and looking back wish I could have avoided everything.

But at the same time I think going through all that has made me happier in the long run. I know that if I had stayed in school the first time I wouldn't have ended up where I am now. And even though I got into a lot of shit over only one year of being out of school, I learned so much about myself and my character that has been absolutely integral to my happiness now.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Page 1 of 2