Page 1 of 2
title says it.

what, in your opinion, is the best lightsaber battle?
of course we are talking about the cinematic adventure some refer to as Star Wars. here, we are excluding all animated lightsaber battles and only including the live action movies.

I would argue that the battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustafar, at the end of Episode 3 is the best.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Redsectoreh
The one with Maul. The only good part about episode 1.

second person i have heard voice that opinion.
i think that the battle between Dooku and Yoda was pretty cool too.

Seconding Empire Strikes Back. It's the only fight that actually seemed to take a toll on the fighters. Even Mustafar just seemed to get their clothes dirty.
Anakin and obi and yoda vs dooku in episode:II
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by Harvey Swick
second person i have heard voice that opinion.
i think that the battle between Dooku and Yoda was pretty cool too.

I actually find Yoda's fights pretty "meh." The Dooku fight starts with the lamest game of catch I've ever seen, followed by some flashy moves then ends. I see Yoda's strength with the Force to be more interesting, like when he casually waves his hand and takes care of Sidious' guards. But dear god I couldn't take Sidious seriously after that one. He was too comical.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
as far as dialogue is concerned, i find the battle between Darth Vader and Obi-wan (the one where Obi_wan dies, cant be arsed to think of the episode) to be the awesomest.
seeing as how Vader has the best lines ever and Obi0-wan sounds like a little bitch.

I think the final battle between Luke and Darth Vader on the Death Star. It has such emotion I love it.
Either of the Luke vs. Vader battles. I might have to go with the one in Return of the Jedi.
qui gon jinn vs jar jar binks

Definitely the Luke/Vader fight at the end of RotJ. When Luke just loses it and goes crazy on Vader, oh man, get chills ever tim.
The only one I remember is the one with Darth Maul, so I guess I'll go with that.

Speaking of Star Wars, why is it that they decided to use weapons, which shoot lasers so slow that jedis can actually block them with their swords vs guns that shoot bullets invisible to the eye?
Luke vs Vader in Empire or Qui Gon Jin and Obi Wan vs Darth Maul in episode one
Dark Helmet vs Lonestar
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Where Bobby Foot fought Bar Bar Jinksmander on planet poopeetooey.

They say episode 13 was a bad movie, but I thought it was good.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Probably Luke and Vader's fight in Empire Strikes Back, with Yoda and Dooku on Attack of the Clones and Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon against Maul in The Phantom Menace closely tied in second place.
Definitely Vader and Luke in Return of the Jedi.

Nothing in the prequel trilogy compares. Each swing in the originals feels kinda considered and it should be given that they're swinging about something that can cut through pretty much anything. In the prequels it's all just spins and twirls and shit that they do for no damn reason. I can barely tell what the fuck is going on. The bit in Phantom Menace where Obi Wan is having a stare down with Darth Maul while trapped behind the force field is cool but I'm having a hard time remembering anything else that specifically from those movies.
The one with Maul.

Although every lightsaber battle in the prequels is better than any in the originals. The ones in the originals look identical to the mock sword fights me and my brother had as children.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
They all have their merits: the Maul fight is the only good thing about TPM, and AotC finally shows us how Yoda used to fight, but RotS was just a much much better choreographed movie, even when shrouded in CGI.

The duel in ANH was rather simple by comparison, but it showcased what 'dark side of the force' actually implied. TESB had the best fight of the series, I cri errytiem. RotJ was disappointing to me in that all of a sudden Luke is a strong Jedi right from the get go where TESB left him looking like a tryhard.
Either Luke and Vader in Empire or in Jedi, I can't decide which.

And if anyone says one of the ones from the prequels because the old ones were "all slow and shit" then you need to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
Last edited by Random3 at Nov 24, 2013,
The Empire duel is great, but I've always liked this one more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFYoZ7H67A

Especially that scene at 3:31. The lighting, location, music, and everything is just perfect. Fuck all the super choreographed back-flips and bullshit from the prequels.
Check out my band Disturbed
ITT: people letting nostalgia and elitism prevent them from picking objectively better lightsaber duels. The duel from Return of the Jedi is the only one on par with the prequel ones.

The answer is Obi-Wan vs. Vader on Mustafar.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Original Trilogy: Luke vs. Vader on Bespin
Prequels: It has to be Mustafar, there is no contest, you can feel the fury in that duel like no other in the movies. Although I do enjoy the Yoda, Anakin & Obi-Wan vs. Dooku on Geonosis, especially when Anakin starts duel wielding.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Last edited by KerNeL_KLuTcH at Nov 24, 2013,
Luke was such a bad Jedi though.

But I guess when the rest are dead, you make due with what you got.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Luke was such a bad Jedi though.

But I guess when the rest are dead, you make due with what you got.

he's pretty bad you know, even considering that he defeated what was once one of the strongest Jedi in the order. Combined with the fact that he had almost no actual training in lightsaber dueling, such a terrible Jedi.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
It's definitely the fight in RotJ. It was so emotional, and I agree, it hits it's peak when Luke loses it and beats the shit out of Vader. You can like all the choreography and spins and all that in the prequels, but Luke just hitting Vader in pure rage had much more impact than any of the prequel battles, except maybe in TPM when Obi-Wan similarly loses it.
I'd say:
#1 Luke vs Vader in RotJ. You can see how Vaders prophecy of anger is the only way to beat him actually works. Empire is also great but its the "I am your father" moment which makes it that great I find, not the actual fight.

#2 Obi-Wan vs Anniken in RotS. Remember being blown away when I first seen it. Twas so sad.

#3 Jin + Wan vs Maul in PotM. 2 vs 1 and the 1 has a double edged lightsaber? Too cool.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by perilio
I think the final battle between Luke and Darth Vader on the Death Star. It has such emotion I love it.

^this
Page 1 of 2