Hey guys, I have a Gibson ES150W full hollow body. Just took off the strings to get new ones and decided I might as well clean the pots while I'm at it, but I know it's pretty tricky to do with full hollows, as they're body bonded. I'm guessing I'm going to have to utilize the f-holes to get them out?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
first thing that comes to mind is electrical cleaner with a long nozzle or compressed air.....being lazy like me;-) Electrical cleaner sprays on, takes the grime away and evapourates but I have no idea what will happen on laquer or Wood....mabye you should ask a luthier.
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Ive never done it before but from what Ive read previously, its one hell of a **** around pulling pots out, cleaning and re inserting them back through the F hole... Are they scratchy at all when you twiddle them?
Well, yeah somewhat. Just thought I'd do it seeing as it's been a year since I last got it cleaned hah. you can definitely tell there's some dust in there though
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Removing and replacing a wiring harness on an archtop is one of the hardest things to do in guitar repair. Chances of wires being broken or connections damaged during the process is a real threat. I wouldn't do it if the pots work, and I build artchtops. It's not worth the risk just to "clean"a pot. Chances are you won't get it back together.
But if you try, don't forget the groundwire to the tailpiece. Good luck