Anyone know of any good 7-String pickups? I'm planning on upgrading my guitar, but what set of pickups should I get? so far the only pickup i've really seen that looks appealing is the EMG 707X.
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
SD has plenty of new 7 string pups that are worth checking out over the usual EMGs
Here's a comparison video of a few of the Duncan pups for 7 strings.
http://youtu.be/mFO9phrDBig
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
What amp do you have, what sound are you going for, what guitar do you have and what's your budget?

Be specific about the sound you want.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I would also look into Seymour Duncan's new 7 string pickups: Nazgul, pegasus and sentient.
Jackson JS22-7 - Cheap guitar I know, bought it to upgrade though.

As for sound, metal. Bands like Suicide Silence etc. Going for a really heavy high gain sound.

I have a Fender Mustang 2.

So basically a modern Metalcore sound.
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
Personally I really like the Duncan Blackouts.
Amps+ FX:
6505+ Head
Line 6 DT50 2x12
Line 6 Pod HD500
Maxon OD808
MXR 10 Band EQ
Guitars
Ibanez SZR720
Schecter ATX C-7 Blackjack
Ibanez RGA7
Ovation Celebrity
Agile Dauntless(SD Pups)
Fender Modern Player Tele+
I have a Jackson slatxmg 7 string. It came with EMG 707's and I thought they sucked. I swapped them out for the Nazgul/Sentient set. The Nazgul is a bit bright, but I am very happy with it. It could be the basswood body causing the brightness too.

The Nazgul is a very nice pickup, if you want a darker tone, you could go with the invader.
Quote by Grawgos
I have a Jackson slatxmg 7 string. It came with EMG 707's and I thought they sucked. I swapped them out for the Nazgul/Sentient set. The Nazgul is a bit bright, but I am very happy with it. It could be the basswood body causing the brightness too.

The Nazgul is a very nice pickup, if you want a darker tone, you could go with the invader.

So which one out of these 3 would you recommend?
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
Quote by Lee Makky
So which one out of these 3 would you recommend?

I would recommend you take a good look at the Nazgul and the invader, but the choice is yours and it's going to be hard to make.

I would listen to that vid that was posted above many times and see what you like and don't like about each one.

Pickups and speakers are the hardest thing to buy because you are basically taking a leap of faith unless you can find a video where someone has them installed in the same exact rig as you.

When I bought the Nazgul/Sentient set it a was pure leap of faith. The set was brand new, I looked for every bit of info I could find, watched the videos a hundred times, ordered them and hoped they would sound good in my rig.

I bought the Duncans because they also have that guarantee that if you're not satisfied, they will exchange them for a different pick up. I figured if I didn't like the nazgul, I could always trade it back to SD for a different set.

You can also email SD and let them know what you have equipment wise and the sound you're looking for and see what they suggest. They have excellent customer service.

I wish I could say "buy this set" and you'd be happy but it doesnt work that way. You know your rig best and you know the sound you're looking for, I can only suggest what to investigate.
Quote by Lee Makky
Jackson JS22-7 - Cheap guitar I know, bought it to upgrade though.

As for sound, metal. Bands like Suicide Silence etc. Going for a really heavy high gain sound.

I have a Fender Mustang 2.

So basically a modern Metalcore sound.

That's not nearly specific enough. Pickups are a small tweak in tone, one that you likely won't hear through that amp.

Don't upgrade your pickups; save more and spend the money on a better amp. Spend time improving your ears and think about exactly how you want to sound.

That said, if you're dead set on this, just throw in the EMGs; they'll do what you want, as much as anything can.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Stealthtastic
my favorite is stock ibanez

I've got a bridge pickup from an RG1527 if you want it?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.