Which bass amp are you talking about, the MB or the super bass like Lemmy uses?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Which bass amp are you talking about

more to the point, which marshall guitar amps are you talking about?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was talking about the general but, like the JVM, DSL and the JCM, i was not talking about the MGs
no worries, I just thought it was funny
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The VBAs kick arse. The MBs suck arse.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Dave_Mc
more to the point, which marshall guitar amps are you talking about?

I'm not big on Marshall bass amps, but I know the one Lemmy uses is soposedly decent, I don't know the model name
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Nov 24, 2013,
The Lemmy signature is just a JMP Superbass II reissue. 100 watts, wouldn't recommend if you wanted anything even close to a clean sound at gig volumes.

EDIT: It's called the 1992LEM.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Nov 24, 2013,
Marshall isn't really known for its bass amps. People say MB is the bass equivalent of MG. Not sure about that though. But I think you will be paying for the name if you buy a Marshall. People just want their amps to say "Marshall".
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Chris Wolstenholeme uses Marshall DBS amps
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
In my opinion, Marshall is like Gibson in how thye perceive amps. They look at it from the perspective of guitars, instead of treating it like a separate entity. The Marshall bass amps I've tried seemed to be underpowered and get mildly muddy in the lower range of notes.

I agree with MaggaraMarine; you're paying for the name. For the cost, there are far better options out there.
Quote by Robbgnarly
I'm not big on Marshall bass amps, but I know the one Lemmy uses is soposedly decent, I don't know the model name

I have no idea, I just thought it was worth confirming he was talking about the decent marshall guitar amps
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Marshall has discontinued the VBA 400 bass head, which was a fine amplifier that did not sell. They appear to have put all of their bass eggs into their DBS bass amps, and it is by no means an extensive line:

http://www.marshallamps.com/heritage/dbs/dbs_05.asp

The less expensive Marshall bass amps were scarcely Marshall at all - they seemed to be something that Marshall threw together just so that they could offer bassists something. If you are a Lemmy fan, then the Marshall Lemmy Super Bass is the way to go. If you have the cash and can find one NOS, a VBA 400 will serve you quite well. Beyond that, I do not recommend Marshall bass amps. Since I have never seen or played one of their DBS amps, I will reserve judgment on them. They might be just great.

Now; there is a way to get around the "bass stigma" of Marshall and still play a Marshall. Not too long ago, Marshall bought the Eden bass amplifier company. So if you get a new Eden, you are technically playing a Marshall.

Good luck! There are many fine bass amps out there, and in many price ranges. You will find something that works for you.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley