I started my journey in music 12 years ago playing bass. Did that for nearly 5 years before other hobbies took me in different directions. Last year i returned to the world of music, this time playing guitar rather than bass. Since then ive had the opportunity to jam with old friends and i dont think i need to tell anyone here how fun that is.

Last week i was having a conversation with some new friends i met during a trip to China and they said they'd be interested in learning to play bass/guitar (both of them have musical backgrounds). So i decided to sell some unused gear and hook them up. Heres the catch:

That is a Squier Jaguar bass and an Ampeg BA-108, along with a Yamaha Pacifica and a Mustang I v2. All pieces were used and purchased from GC, Sam Ash and a smaller local store. The total haul was ~330. It may not be the best possible starting gear but they both seemed to love the stuff and when we started practicing it all sounded well.

I did test all the gear before i turned it over to them, but being left handed made testing the instruments a bit of a challenge lol. That being said, i was surprised how nice the instruments turned out to be for the price i paid for them. The Bass is active and even through that little 8in speaker has a nice low end. The Yamaha blew me away too with the nice low action and decent pups. I tested it on the RV just to see for sure how dynamic they were since the mustang is not exactly prime amp material.

Heres a shot of the fun jam session we had when they came over to practice:

Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
-Carvin V3MC
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Certainly was 8)
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Carvin V3MC
Quote by Remnest
Certainly was 8)

nothing like jamming with good friends. i miss that. i play with a lot of musicians at bars and open mics, i haven't had a solid 'band' for two years. as fun as it is to gig and walk off with some cash is that the people you are playing with aren't really friends more business related almost.

you all look a bit younger than i (that is a really old pic of my profile, i posted it when i stated here).

play with your friends, enjoy it, it doesn't always last forever. i had my MBA when i was 22. then life stats, jobs, starting businesses, buying houses, etc.

enjoy it. i miss those days of good friends stopping by and grabbing up a stool in my studio.
doesn't happen anymore.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
@trashedlostfdup

It was great, something i had not really done in years and reminded why i loved to play music in the first place. Of course for those who make music their livelihood the business side will have to be critical; gotta pay the bills lol. But since all of us are in school for different things we only really experience the lighter side of things. So there is no pressure to perform or anything like that. Personally i felt happier being able to hook them up with an instrument and see them enjoy it when we played together.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Carvin V3MC
how did i guess you were going to ask that?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Can 'it' be plural?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Ippon
Good for you!

Did you hit it?

LMAO no sir. I am taken, and for the meantime happily so.
Guitars:
-Carvin CS6
-Carvin DC4 w/ Bigsby
-Takamine EG530SC
-Seagull S12QI

Amps:
-Carvin V3MC
well that's ippon on the first plane to florida
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?