I just want a simple volume boost, nothing fancy needed.

Is the EHX Mole a good choice?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The EHX Mole is a decent bass booster that's if your tone is lacking lows.

If you can drop $200 the Xotic RC Booster is much better since it doesn't scoop out the highs and mids from the signal.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
If you don't specifically NEED a bass boost all The Mole is going to do is be useless or make things really boomy and awful depending on how you set it.
For a straight up no BS clean boost I'd go for the MXR Micro-Amp. Flea usually kicks his on for slap parts. They go for about $60 new in the US.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
OK. I do want a flat boost. I misunderstood, I thought the Mole was a boost for bass.

Is the Micro Amp significantly better than the EHX LPB1 or the BBE Boosta Grande?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by dark Mass

If you can drop $200 the Xotic RC Booster is much better since it doesn't scoop out the highs and mids from the signal.

you can always cheap out and get the mooer clone (the pure boost). mine's a little noisy, but for £28 (sadly those deals are gone ) it's hard to complain.

I'd also point out it's not technically a clean boost pedal, it's a very, very low gain overdrive- modified tubescreamer (i think) with less clipping and baxendall (?) tone stack for treble and bass.

but you can set it where it's basically clean.

EDIT: I should probably clarify I've only used mine with normal guitar, not bass.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Well you're just loads of help, aren't you?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you can always cheap out and get the mooer clone (the pure boost). mine's a little noisy, but for £28 (sadly those deals are gone ) it's hard to complain.

I'd also point out it's not technically a clean boost pedal, it's a very, very low gain overdrive- modified tubescreamer (i think) with less clipping and baxendall (?) tone stack for treble and bass.

but you can set it where it's basically clean.

EDIT: I should probably clarify I've only used mine with normal guitar, not bass.

I have the Mooer Pure Boost for my guitar stuff it's a great pedal for guitar but it's sucks for bass though.

Also the MXR Micro Amp is a great alternative for the Xotic.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
^ ah right even better if you've tried it with bass. I'll defer to you
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ ah right even better if you've tried it with bass. I'll defer to you

It's a bit squishy on the low end and clips on the rough side.
yeah that probably wouldn't help for bass. I know I prefer a timmy for guitar, i found the pure boost a little "sweet-sounding", for want of a better term, and I suppose that might be what I'd call "squishy", now I think of it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the recs.

I'm just gonna get a bass EQ though. Smarter.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X