I'm not a huge fan of the Valvetronix series but this little amp is in a series of it's own.
It costs $119.00

http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXMINI3G2

There is a MINI5 advertised but I have not tried it so I am not certain how good it is compared to the MINI3. I can only comment on the MINI3, which I am now waiting for in the mail.

My favorite settings are UK 90's or Cali Metal. I was looking for a shredding amp and this is perfect for it. When it comes in the mail I will Sound Cloud what it sounds like and post it on this forum. I'm not a shredder but I'm going to learn to shred using this amp.

I compared the amp with an MG15 and the MG15 is very, very, very weak compared to it. I compared it to the Peavey Vypyr and I prefer the MINI3. This might just be a preference issue. The Orange Crush is no comparison to this little amp as it also has a nice clean setting. The Line 6 15w is very limited in comparison.

I'm not an effects guy yet. The MINI3 comes with effects. The delay is unnoticeable so if you are a delay fan this amp won't suit you. The Reverb is distinct and very strong. There are other effects but I didn't check them out so I can't comment on them.

I wouldn't say just outright buy it, but definitely, definitely try it UK 90's or Cali Metal and see how it sounds. It suits my ears it might suit yours.
i don't get it, you say it's better than a valvetronix but it is just a valvetronix in a smaller package with battery power options.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
i don't get it, you say it's better than a valvetronix but it is just a valvetronix in a smaller package with battery power options.

That's a good point. The amp models are way different then the amp models on the valvetronix. I would definitely try it first and compare.

In my humble opinion another way to look at it is that they improved upon their original recipe. This one comes later. It's not about the battery option though because it does come with an AC adapter.
Do you have Mini3 or Mini3 G2? The modeling is improved on the G2.

I'd kill for a Mini3 G2. Probably the best portable amp I've ever heard, ever.
I thought the Micro Cube was cool for what it did for it's size, then the Mini3 basically came in and did what that did 100 times better.

Better features, better sound, more professional use of the unit.
Quote by Clay-man
Do you have Mini3 or Mini3 G2? The modeling is improved on the G2.

I'd kill for a Mini3 G2. Probably the best portable amp I've ever heard, ever.
I thought the Micro Cube was cool for what it did for it's size, then the Mini3 basically came in and did what that did 100 times better.

Better features, better sound, more professional use of the unit.

Thanks for the info...it is the G2. That is the one I played in the store and that is the one I just ordered today. It should come in a week. Thanks again.
Quote by antics32
Thanks for the info...it is the G2. That is the one I played in the store and that is the one I just ordered today. It should come in a week. Thanks again.

Oh hell yeah, that one has improved modeling. I was blown away by how good it sounds compared to the original which I thought was pretty impressive already.

Just 20 more dollars than the old non G2 one. I really would kill to get my hands on one. Just imagine going around having an awesome tone just for a small dinky thing, then again all you need is a small processor and people who know how to program amp modelers to sound great.
i do have to admit, for a portable battery powered amp this looks better than alot of the competition.
Quote by antics32
That's a good point. The amp models are way different then the amp models on the valvetronix. I would definitely try it first and compare.

In my humble opinion another way to look at it is that they improved upon their original recipe. This one comes later. It's not about the battery option though because it does come with an AC adapter.

i dunno, to me it looks as though these models are just called something else

valvetronix:
Clean, Cali Clean, US Blues, US 2x12, VOX Ac15, VOX Ac30, UK Rock, UK Metal, US High Gain, US Metal, Boutique Metal

mini:
Btq Clean, Black 2x12, Tweed 4x10, AC15, AC30tb, UK '70s, UK '80s, UK '90s, Cali Metal, US Higain, Line

these correlate very closely, with the valvetronix version having 3 versions of each amp, i'd imagine the mini is just one or two versions of certain amps.

that being said, i always thought the valvetronix line was pretty good, but i don't see them revamping their entire modeling line with whole new emulations, especially when they correlate this closely.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Nov 24, 2013,
interesting. i only looked it up quick and didn't see it but i figured one you would know, is there a speaker out? if it is similar to valvetronics, i imagine it would sound decent with a greenback.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i don't think they make 10 or 12 inch version of the mini so there is no greenback that would fit them

they also don't have a speaker out to facilitate that.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Nov 25, 2013,
Quote by gumbilicious
i don't think they make 10 or 12 inch version of the mini so there is no greenback that would fit them

if its a matchable ohm, i would disconnect the speaker from the leads and make a plug that could be used either way internal or through a cab. that would be perfect.

i hate the sound of little speakers.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
the mini3 is pretty nice for what it is, IMO. some amp models are better than others, which is to be expected i suppose. but at least a couple of the models are pretty decent.

i haven't tried the newer version.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As promised, I just got the Vox Mini3 G2 in the mail and here is my first attempt at metal. The setting is UK 90's which is my favorite setting. I put the delay setting in it and the gain is at three quarters. This little amp is loud.

Feel free to critique my first attempt at metal. Feel free to critique the sound quality of the amp. I used audacity to record with a small headset microphone. Have fun. I personally love this little amp.

https://soundcloud.com/henry-faith/first-attempt-at-metal-with-a

Here is more noodling.

https://soundcloud.com/henry-faith