So I recently bought a DSL 40C used and love the tone I get from it. Unfortunately it did not come with a footswitch, which is pretty inhibitive with my playing style. I know that Marshall makes a footswitch specifically for this amp but apparently it switches from classic and ultra gain and toggles the reverb on and off. Not really sure what they were thinking there... Is there any way to get a footswitch that I could change between the two channels and the two modes on each channel?
the first step to failure is trying.
And if there is not a footswitch that will do all that, what would be a good overdrive pedal to put in front of the clean channel? I'm just looking to get a mellower crunchy sound that I can switch to from a chimey clean sound and then still have the amps ultra gain channel for the heavy stuff. I play a lot of punk rock but the pedal doesn't need to get super overdriven.
It uses a 2 button footswitch with a TRS tip. Any brand that has the TRS end will work
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
It uses a 2 button footswitch with a TRS tip. Any brand that has the TRS end will work

Yeah I got that but can I get a footswitch that will change between the modes on each channel rather than toggle reverb on/off?
Quote by harm0n20
Yeah I got that but can I get a footswitch that will change between the modes on each channel rather than toggle reverb on/off?

No the foot switch will only switch from the classic channel to the Ultra channel and turn the reverb on and off.

There is a mod that you can have done to the JCM2000 DSL series that will switch between the modes of each channel also, but it is pretty pricy to have done and I'm not sure if you can do it on the new DSL series.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
No the foot switch will only switch from the classic channel to the Ultra channel and turn the reverb on and off.

There is a mod that you can have done to the JCM2000 DSL series that will switch between the modes of each channel also, but it is pretty pricy to have done and I'm not sure if you can do it on the new DSL series.

Alright, that's what I needed to know. Had a feeling it wouldn't work out that way. Thanks for your help!