Ok just discovered something extremely weird, I have had logitech computer speakers for around 18 months and as I paused my music heard some extremely quiet music still being played.

This happens when the jack isn't even plugged into anything and seems to play 3 or 4 radio stations simultaneously with music and constant words and music overlapping. The speakers don't have radio capability either, no aeriel, no internet connection etc.
The spoken words are very strange; monotone and constant.

Anyone ever have any weird tech "phenomenons" like this?
Any reason why they would do this?

I'm thinking it's a ghost.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Who you gunna call?

A computer technician. Is that a trick question?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Well, my amp picks up police radio sometimes and it'll go up like super loud and scare me.
Pretty sure that's no ghost tho.
It happens to people that live close to radio towers and stuff like that, mainly because radio towers are haunted so they speak through that.
Quote by K'Nuckles

On an unrelated note, I'm seeing Hacktivist tomorrow, TS.

You mutha, first the specter and now this, I'm jelly bro, let me know if any new songs are played
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Why do we assume the problem is the speakers?

Ts, is there a history of schizo-affective disorder in your family? Hmmm?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
So poorly shield speakers are (even if they do say shielded) are still able to pick up radio waves or other EM signals from any part of the spectrum. The sound can turn out to be just about anything. In your case it sounds like radio waves. That happens all the time. No ghosts

At work, I have some shitty speakers and we are right next to an navy air station. They have a radar system of course and a cell phone jamer. When the system rotates past our building (every 22 counts as 180 BPM, I tested using music) then the speakers make an odd crackling noise. it freaks out people when they are visiitng me in the lab. I just laugh.

So yeah, you are safe, if it bothers you just turn off your speakers or turn them way down.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
This one time. I had my speakers on. and they were maked a lot of noises. So I went to the back to shut off them and when I got back to my chair they were still maked noises even though off! So I got relly scared and I unplug from the wall them but even when unplug they maked noise. Then I found out it was my cat pinpin who was just hungary and want food! But for 1 minute I almost die from scare!
Quote by Aranil
This one time. I had my speakers on. and they were maked a lot of noises. So I went to the back to shut off them and when I got back to my chair they were still maked noises even though off! So I got relly scared and I unplug from the wall them but even when unplug they maked noise. Then I found out it was my cat pinpin who was just hungary and want food! But for 1 minute I almost die from scare!
I exactly know what mean. To me it happened this one time it happened I was downstairs but not cat or animal this one real was a ghost haunted. It made me really scare for over 1 minute! But then I didn't scare anymore cos I found parent under speaker. Then I said dad what doing are you doing and he just went I'm a subwoofer.

It was a close call.
Quote by Stormx
I tremble before your enormous penis.
Quote by molala2
and i farted, it was really stink
Quote by italiarlz135
Led Pepplin, you are god because of this thread.
Quote by josh999x, Brick23

I used to have a crappy amp that would pick up weird AM Chinese stations. Really freaked me out at first, because I had no idea where these weird foreign-sounding voices were coming from.

Your speakers are probably suffering from something similar.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

I've heard mexicans talking inside amps before. I wonder if they're friends with the ghosts
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by Alpha_Wolf
I used to have a crappy amp that would pick up weird AM Chinese stations. Really freaked me out at first, because I had no idea where these weird foreign-sounding voices were coming from.

This I've certainly heard of, unplugged speakers making noise I haven't. Unless its some latent charge or something.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I've got some Logitech speakers that do the same thing. My Line 6 Spider will do it too if it's on but I'm not playing. Sounds crazy if there's some delay or reverb on. Weird.
He heard all of that from his speakers? Oh my god that's so creepy! You need a new amp!
Quote by Led Pepplin
I exactly know what mean. To me it happened this one time it happened I was downstairs but not cat or animal this one real was a ghost haunted. It made me really scare for over 1 minute! But then I didn't scare anymore cos I found parent under speaker. Then I said dad what doing are you doing and he just went I'm a subwoofer.

It was a close call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This one time my amp decided to pick up some kind of weird German church-radio or something in the middle of the night. Fecal matter then lined the inner side of my underwear.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo