I know palm muting is used a lot in every style of music, and in some case it used a lot like palming muting every other note. I just wondering there is an easier way to palm mute effectively fast? Or would I just have to practice it slow and go from there? Thanks for any advice.
Practice slow and go from there. Like most of the stuff in guitar. Don't run if you don't know how to walk.
What do you mean fast? If you're playing a fast passage, couldn't you just rest your hand on the strings? Or do you mean palm-muting and un-palm-muting fast?
"I agree with Matthew about everything" - Everyone
Quote by MattyBoy 1337
What do you mean fast? If you're playing a fast passage, couldn't you just rest your hand on the strings? Or do you mean palm-muting and un-palm-muting fast?

I'm meaning alternating between regular notes and palm muting like in Rose of Sharyn by KsE. Like the interlude is nothing but un-pming and pming.
Quote by SrThompson
Practice slow and go from there. Like most of the stuff in guitar. Don't run if you don't know how to walk.

Oh I am but was just wondering if there was some advice that could help me out.
Resting my arm there felt natural to me from the start. Started as a crutch sure, but I can now pick normally with or without resting my hand there.
i just keep my hand pretty close to the bridge as a matter of course and then move it slightly when i want to palm mute. if you mute behind the saddles you won't be muting anything, really.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?