First of all, I apologize if I'm making this thread in the wrong place. I bought a Harbinger APS12 12" PA system tonight, along with the microphone cords. However, I didn't buy the mics with it. I need to buy at least two mics, preferably not paying over $50 for both of them. I was looking at , because that suits my budget and I get two for a good price. I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about those, or if you guys had any suggestions on what other mics I could get for a modest price. My band plays punk, if that helps. Thanks.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Audio-Technica-M4000S-Microphone---Buy-One--Get-One-Free-271318-i1397174.gc
on the cheap SM57's are standard or maybe a SM58 depending on your usage.

they aren't as cheap as you want, but IMO you buy a nice PA, why cheap out on mic's?

thats what picks up the sound. that is a pretty important thing.

i am not an expert on mic's at all, but whenever i have mic'd up sm57's haven't failed me and i have always heard that my rig sounds good.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Used Shure SMs should fit the bill.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Used Shure SMs should fit the bill.

uesd is a good way.

i am still kicking myself in the ass. one local band disbanded and they were selling shit off really cheap that they had used, they had like 8 of them for next to nothing.

i didn't have the cash though and bought other things from them (don't remember what, but i remember it was a steal with what i got), just remember knowing that i would regret not having the cash for the mics' down the road. this was several years ago though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
sm 57´s for instrument micing, sm 58´s for singing. No bother getting new cause they´re built like tanks. If you look at every mic thread you´ll see the same answer....shure made a produkt that works perfect for the working musician, every tech will have a favourite mic that´s a "little cheape"r...but if you bring shure to match you´ll get no complaints from any of them.
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Quote by Blackst4r
sm 57´s for instrument micing, sm 58´s for singing. No bother getting new cause they´re built like tanks. If you look at every mic thread you´ll see the same answer....shure made a produkt that works perfect for the working musician, every tech will have a favourite mic that´s a "little cheape"r...but if you bring shure to match you´ll get no complaints from any of them.

thats 100% dead on. SM57 is standard for intrument SM58 vocals. i have spilled beer on an SM57, and it was fine. passes my test. i have dropped it too many times to count, still work.

they are industry standard for a reason. they are road hardy, reasonably cheap (dirt cheap if used), and sound good, what more do you need?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!