Hello. I'm looking to buy a new guitar but am having trouble finding one. I'm curious if any of you can help me! I'm looking for a super strat with an original floyd rose with H/S setup and made in the USA or JAPAN. Does such a thing exist these days?
LTD Elite ST-1. It also features a middle single coil. Now about that floyd...its kinda strange :P
The whole JS line from Ibanez can be something you 'd like (If you want their version of the floyd) The higher ones (1200,2400, 24p) are pretty awesome guitars.
if you're ok with 27 frets esp does one, as does caparison (the caparison has a schaller tremolo).

they have single coil-sized buckers in there stock, but if you really want a genuine single coil you could always swap it.

you can probably get a bc rich gunslinger with that setup, too (though you'll have to pay, most likely... not that the esp or caparison are really cheap options, either ). Or you could always get a custom guitar or go the warmoth route (or similar).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 25, 2013,
was there a charvel wildcard along those lines?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Do you have a price range in mind?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by gregs1020
was there a charvel wildcard along those lines?

good call. yeah i think the first couple were, now you mention it. I had only remembered the hardtail one (didn't you have one at one point? ) which is why i didn't bring it up, i forgot about the earlier floyd ones. But that might be the cheapest way to get a good guitar (it's MIJ) with that layout if you can find one. Trem is the korean-made FRT-x000 rather than a german/schaller-made OFR, but it should be enough cheaper than those other ones I mentioned that even if you upgraded the trem you should still be well ahead.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the old charvels. Might have to look for one of those. My budget is around $2.5k USD. So I do want something quality. Yeah it's too bad about the esp, damn 27 frets. I tried looking around for the m-ii deluxes, but there really aren't any used ones on the market at this moment. It's rather unfortunate!
You could remove the middle pickup and get a custom pickguard.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-IBANEZ-RG-20TH-ANNIVERSAY-MIJ-BLK-042613-108975688-i3108944.gc like this
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Nov 25, 2013,
Quote by HammerParty
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the old charvels.

the ones i'm talking about with dave are fairly new. like in the past 3-4 years. check ebay for charvel wildcard. dave and i think they made a floyd version HS if memory serves.
they made different versions of the "wild card" series.
yeah dave i did have the hardtail, model 6 i believe.
Eh I don't like pickguards. Which is kind of silly when saying I like superstrats ha. How'd it play for you gregs and how was the quality?
it played great. i looked at ebay and i can't find any floyd equipped HS charvels, so if they made them early on in the run a few years ago, there aren't any up for sale right now.

i can keep an eye open on the auctions in japan for you, but they are hit and miss at best.

as far as the guitar goes, i believe tokai made them for fender japan. so as far as quality goes (in my mind) they're about as good as you'll find on this planet.
Quote by gregs1020
the ones i'm talking about with dave are fairly new. like in the past 3-4 years. check ebay for charvel wildcard. dave and i think they made a floyd version HS if memory serves.
they made different versions of the "wild card" series.
yeah dave i did have the hardtail, model 6 i believe.

now i think of it, those first wildcards were maybe HSS

but the dimarzio-loaded (non wildcard) one was HSH under the pickguard, I think. That might be the easiest way to go about it, just get a different pickguard and a new neck pickup. assuming he likes the looks of a pickguard. EDIT: ah cack he doesn't like pickguards I don't either, to be fair (at least for HS superstrats).

Quote by gregs1020

as far as the guitar goes, i believe tokai made them for fender japan. so as far as quality goes (in my mind) they're about as good as you'll find on this planet.

I could be wrong, but I'd assume it was the jackson factory? Chushin gakki or something like that? I don't think it was tokai.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 26, 2013,
Yeah I saw those. I can't stand the Ibanez necks either. But that price is ridiculous!

Also that horus looks pretty cool!
Last edited by HammerParty at Nov 27, 2013,
Ltd PH600 in brushed aluminium.

Very rare. But exactly what you want.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah that's the page hamilton series right? Nice guitars, but I stay away from signature models. Ego thing unfortunately.

Hardly an in your face signature...

Maybe Carvin could do you an Option 50 amd make what you're after.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It still is :p.

Possibly. I haven't played any of their necks though, which is why I'm reluctant to buy from them. Those guitars rarely end up where I live in MN.
Carvin can and have done the h/s layout, and of course offer the OFR.
Here are two such awesome examples. A Bolt and DC135, minus the middle single coil.

I might have to end up calling Carvin in awhile. Just ordered a fender mia FSR ice metallic strat. But thanks to UPS having thanksgiving and black friday holiday, it's stuck at a ups place :C. So delayed NGD incoming! But definitely need a hs superstrat soon!
Quick question: Is it the single coil *size* you're after, or could you handle a humbucker size pickup in the neck position. Because the SD PRail allows you to have two separate single coil pickups within the full-size humbucker pickup ring -- a strat-type rail coil and a P90 coil. There are three different output levels of PRail (though SD has, of course, designated the hottest ones as a bridge pickup, it can be used anywhere). You can also run the two coils in serial (standard humbucking mode) or in parallel, so you have four options for that pickup.
Yeah, I looked through all the options and all the various pickups. There's definitely a lot of options out there for that sort of stuff. I just really like how the H-S looks and prefer that configuration while playing.
I'm also huge HS guitar fan,so I'll get a custom HS guitar,a friend of mine will build one for me. Can't wait.
Quote by HammerParty
I just really like how the H-S looks

yeah there's something hilariously awesome about H-S

single angled bridge humbucker is the same (actually probably even far worse). pointless but awesome.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 30, 2013,
Hahaha yeah Dave. I like those too. But I don't think I'd ever buy one, maybe a weird off ESP M-I though.
yeah i wouldn't want one as my only guitar. or even if i had 3 or 4 guitars. but if i'm allowed a bunch, i'd probably get one at some point.

EDIT: to clarify, I don't think HS is pointless. it's a pretty nice setup (especially if the bridge pickup splits when combined with the S). Just compared to HSS you're not really gaining much, if anything.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 30, 2013,
Most-definitely agree with you on that. It's a niche setup. You're either into it or not.
Yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?