Hey I have a highway one strat with 2 1/16" string spacing and im looking for a bridge humbucker for it. I am looking for something that isnt too hot and can still sound good clean and or play classic rock while still being able to push an amp to metal. I am leaning towards the gibson burstbucker pro, the 59/custom hybrid and the tone zone
tone zone is pretty hot. it's fairly dark so it can do classic rock not too badly, but cleans aren't great and I don't think it qualifies for "not too hot". paf pro might be worth considering, though it's quite modern in tone. needs a boost for metal, though. it really depends on whether you're more willing to compromise on the more vintage tones or the higher gain tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well i have a set of 57 classic in my other guitar so i do want something a little more modern voiced that the 57 plus and hotter but not as hot as the super distortion etc.
i've only tried the air norton in the neck position

from what i hear the norton might be worth a look, but i haven't tried it

breed might be worth a look, too

the paf pro is not that hot, but can handle heavier stuff because of its voicing, if that makes sense. i'm not sure it's much hotter than the 57 plus but it should be a lot more modern-voiced (i think ).

custom 5 from duncan might be worth a look, too. can be a little scooped-sounding, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im trying to find some videos or recording of the paf pro playing metal but cant really find it
^ I've never tried it, sorry.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?