Michaelis Maieri - Nice almost contrapuntal (in relation to what's to come) mood setter.

Raspberry Bulbs - Not sure what to make of it, it's a sort of lo fi rock with slightly aggressive vocals. I think it's a good thing that it's short, as it doesn't outstay it's welcome.

Wulkanaz - Seen a lot of praise for these chaps from quite a few people, but I really don't think they're anything special. It's listenable, but I think it more shows promise than realises it.

Lifelover - A name I'm familiar with, but not a band I've ever tried. I don't really think much of it really. The piano break with the sample was nice, but the metal elements didn't do an awful lot for me.

(V.E.G.A.) - kind of liked this. I've never heard of them before, but there was a sort of industrial feel to it, and it reminded me of Hate Forest in some ways with the relentless blasts just ploughing on.

Rhinocervs - Liking how this one starts. It kind of passed me by, but in a good way. Like it was on and I was comfortable with it.

Michaelis Maieri - Nice book ending of the mix.

Vegas Martyrs - Oh, aparently not haha. It's loud, it's noisy, it's not my cuppa. But it's not bad.

Didn't really enjoy this mix as much as other recent ones, but I still think it was a well assembled mix that had a nice continuity to it.
Only thing I have to say is:

uuuuuuugggghhhhh YESSSSS

Crazy and filthy. I liked the conceptual feel as well.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Hahah, definitely nailed the FILTH part. This was thoroughly unpleasant to listen to - in the best sense. Every sound, even the intro, makes one feel uncomfortable and uneasy. Where the individual tracks didn't stand out on their own, they definitely contributed to the atmosphere and formed a bridge to the better compositions. Even (V.E.G.A), who I'm already a big fan of, worked well here - even though I personally feel they're better appreciated in full-album form, because the atmosphere of terror and panic has time to build up more.

great stuff

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Yeah, didn't really expect you to like this one Neil. It's a little bit more aggressive and lo-fi compared to your musical tastes. Made me laugh when you didn't expect Vegas Martyrs. That was definitely the point of that track. Hopefully you got something out of this though, as it's not regular listening for most people.

Kyto, aw yeah. Tell me about.

Emenius, glad you liked it. I figured the tracks themselves worked out better if they were played in the order they're put in so at the very least if nothing made you feel like you wanted to hear more from a band, there would be some aspect of it that could be enjoyed (or disliked entirely hopefully!). There were a lot more tracks I was planning on putting but didn't and ended with this tracklist because of time, and frankly they were completely unlistenable to people not into noise.

I forgot to add a track in there, it was from Yoga's Megafauna but it completely slipped my mind. Should be the track that links Lifelover to V.E.G.A, whoops oh well.
Quote by severed-metal

I forgot to add a track in there, it was from Yoga's Megafauna but it completely slipped my mind. Should be the track that links Lifelover to V.E.G.A, whoops oh well.

damn that's a shame! would have been a fine pick, that album is fantastic!

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
This has probably been my favourite mix out of the ones made since this metal radio thing was revisited.

I'm a sucker for good choral music and those Michael Maier tracks were really good. The others more or less blended into each other, forming a continuous sonic assault. Wulkanaz and Rhinocervs were the ones that stood out. I really liked it all, however. I would've put Vegas Martyrs together with the other metal tracks, but it does make a certain nihilistic statement when put at the end like that.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

That's what I assumed about mostly everyone on this forum which is definitely my biggest factor in not including any noise tracks. Although they would fit nicely, up until everyone kicks their speakers over in disgust.

Quote by Emenius Sleepus
damn that's a shame! would have been a fine pick, that album is fantastic!

Might use it for my next one, because it might fit in, eh we'll see. Great album indeed.

Quote by Kepulix
This has probably been my favourite mix out of the ones made since this metal radio thing was revisited.

I'm a sucker for good choral music and those Michael Maier tracks were really good. The others more or less blended into each other, forming a continuous sonic assault. Wulkanaz and Rhinocervs were the ones that stood out. I really liked it all, however. I would've put Vegas Martyrs together with the other metal tracks, but it does make a certain nihilistic statement when put at the end like that.

Thank you. Vegas Martyrs I had to put somewhere, and I figured if it ends on a lighter note, the idea of filth is going to be underplayed, so I put it like a swift reminder. Thanks for your words! Gives more incentive to keep this thing going with more people commenting on it.
This was enjoyable. I don't know any of the bands in the mix, so I will be looking into them.
Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me.
Thank you, but I shouldn't take any credit really. I will post some albums to listen to tomorrow probably. I figure at the very least people can get into one or more of these acts.
Not really my bag, but it's a cool mix to space out to. Have you checked out Romannis Motte yet Jon? Get on that shit.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Not yet. I don't keep up on newer ambient stuff, but I'm not aversed to hearing it. l'll give it a go when I get the chance. Been looking for some more soothing music to listen to.