Guitars sound bada$$ bro. Love the chorus riff just tops off the song just right Makes me think I gotta check my guitar recordings, beefy tone love it.
Solid playing man. Guitar tone fits perfectly. Production wise it sounds very polished but I do think the drums are a bit loud in the mix IMO. Would be nice to see some more rhythmic dynamics opposed to constant chugging. A slower section could help make room for more intensity when it speeds up again. Really liked it as a whole though; nothing sounds out of place.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32126396
The presence in your kick range is definitely my biggest problem with your mix; there's simply too much of it. Lack of velocity adjustment definitely highlights the issues within the presence region of your kick. There's just too much "clack" probably around 2k-4khz imo. Other than that, you have a decent ear at leveling out your drum mix. There are still several things I would take into consideration with your drum track in regards to snare and overhead tone. EQing and compression throughout the kit is all that really needs to be played with for now.

I'm curious as to what cab simulator you're using as well as which cab sims you've chosen for this demo. There's alot of obtrusive frequencies still present in your tone, not sure what all processing you've done on it, but I think a cut in the "mud" regions of your low-mids could help clear up the guitar tone, bringing a certain intelligibility to your mix that's kind of missing at the moment.

The riffs are sweet, though! Very metal, and you seem to have dialed in the X50 pretty well (if there's no post-processing on this tone). I also like the quality of the video and the tightness of your playing. Keep up the good work man! Just don't be afraid to really dig into drum mixing, it does WONDERS for a mix.

Cheers, C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32122077#post32122077
Quote by Weareclocks
The presence in your kick range is definitely my biggest problem with your mix; there's simply too much of it. Lack of velocity adjustment definitely highlights the issues within the presence region of your kick. There's just too much "clack" probably around 2k-4khz imo. Other than that, you have a decent ear at leveling out your drum mix. There are still several things I would take into consideration with your drum track in regards to snare and overhead tone. EQing and compression throughout the kit is all that really needs to be played with for now.

I'm curious as to what cab simulator you're using as well as which cab sims you've chosen for this demo. There's alot of obtrusive frequencies still present in your tone, not sure what all processing you've done on it, but I think a cut in the "mud" regions of your low-mids could help clear up the guitar tone, bringing a certain intelligibility to your mix that's kind of missing at the moment.

The riffs are sweet, though! Very metal, and you seem to have dialed in the X50 pretty well (if there's no post-processing on this tone). I also like the quality of the video and the tightness of your playing. Keep up the good work man! Just don't be afraid to really dig into drum mixing, it does WONDERS for a mix.

Cheers, C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32122077#post32122077

Thanks for the advice! I made a wide cut from about 2.2k-4kHz and it sounds a lot better. The kick sounds a lot fuller without the annoying clicky high-end.
The cab sim I used was Recabinet, with one impulse being Catharsis 1-onpreshigh and the other being the Eagle cab from Recabinet. As far as the 'mud' goes, I tried a cut around 2khz but it ended up making the guitars sound really thin.