I was playing my Epiphone Les Paul and the tone and volume knobs felt loose so I took them off and tightened the nut underneath the knobs. After I put the knobs back on and plugged in my guitar, I couldn't get any sound. I played around with the knobs and turned them each way but still no success. When I play throughout the neck pickup there is absolutely no sound but I can get a tiny bit of signal when I have the bridge pickup selected. I don't know if I might have messed up the connections when I tightened the knobs or what. Any help or knowledge is appreciated.
Yeah, most likely when you tightened the nuts, the pot turned inside the body as well and pulled something loose. Only thing for it is to open the cover and have a look around. How's your soldering skills?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7