I have been having a hard decision with this, I have been wanting to try a JP60 so bad; (or any musicman for that matter) however I am a left handed player. I choose to stay left handed for specific reasons I won't mention or argue about, I know someone is going to make fun of me though I'm waiting for that comment hahah.

I more likely will not be able to try any music man's unless I buy it. I just need opinions to help clear my decision.

Now the crazy story is I already own the Ibanez RG1570 with the edge pro; however I have been curious about the JP60; Someone out of the states is planning to trade his JP60 for my 1570

I also have someone selling me another guitar I won't mention yet... But I won't go into that debate... I first want to clear this topic first on the 1570 and JP60 what would be the advantages; I heard the necks are nicer on the JP's but how about the sound? also the pickups I know are a keeper.

Point is which should I consider? ; through all my mind wondering I would just make a poll.. but I rather have opinions on why; thanks guys if anyone can answer this.

I am a shredder but I play Jazz and progressive rock; so I know both of these do them well so it makes it that much more harder a decision.
Last edited by Winter Skyes at Nov 25, 2013,
Keep the 1570 and use some funds to put better pick ups in it.

Prestige Ibanez guitars are on par with the real Musicmans IMO and trading it for a JP60 is a bad move IMO

The 1570 is a real Pro Standard guitar that is made with solidly built, high quality hardware. The JP60 is an inferior product designed to cash in on the amazing JP6.

Japanese Ibanez are held in high esteem for a reason. Keep it. Upgrade it and have a guitar that will last you for as long as you play and look after it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I havent played an Ibanez RG 1570 so I cant compare but I own a JP 50 and I can tell you about it. First of all the JP 50 is pretty close to the JP 60, I think the only thing that changed were the JP custom inlays (though I can be wrong) . Well I can say its a great guitar, the neck, it is fast and comfortable, maybe I little bit thick and the fretboard dry for my taste. good pickups (not great) the sound overall is good. But RG 1570 is made in Japan, the JP 60 in Indonesia, the RG is prestige the other one is the lower end of the music man brand. IMO i wouldn't trade it.
Last edited by perilio at Nov 26, 2013,
Quote by Tom 1.0

Prestige Ibanez guitars are on par with the real Musicmans IMO and trading it for a JP60 is a bad move IMO

The 1570 is a real Pro Standard guitar that is made with solidly built, high quality hardware. The JP60 is an inferior product designed to cash in on the amazing JP6.

Japanese Ibanez are held in high esteem for a reason. Keep it. Upgrade it and have a guitar that will last you for as long as you play and look after it.

Agreed on just about every note; Prestige's are fantastic guitars, definitely the equal of the full blown JPs.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Tom 1.0

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
keep the 1570
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definitely keep the 1570. I wouldn't even consider trading a 1570 for a JP60.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Thank you everyone for being honest; I will still try to look into a music man one day but maybe that model isn't the best one to look into, I been so curious about the piezo system on the more expensive JP's. I never heard a Luke or Stiletto either but I expect they play as good.

So good news; thanks to the suggested posts; to substitute my music man guitar apathy syndrome for craving to want one. I got a Crunch Lab and a Liquidfire set for my 1570 from a friend who got me a sweet deal on them! I can't wait to install them and see how it sounds. Maybe I'll post a sound clip or video if things goes well.

I was looking or thinking deep down if I should of got instead a dimarzio breed or even a paf pro or super distortions or d activators; but I think I got a pretty solid set-up. I wonder if anyone has had experience with the liquidfire and crunchlab combo, any opinions would be awesome!
Quote by Winter Skyes
Thank you everyone for being honest; I will still try to look into a music man one day but maybe that model isn't the best one to look into, I been so curious about the piezo system on the more expensive JP's. I never heard a Luke or Stiletto either but I expect they play as good.

So good news; thanks to the suggested posts; to substitute my music man guitar apathy syndrome for craving to want one. I got a Crunch Lab and a Liquidfire set for my 1570 from a friend who got me a sweet deal on them! I can't wait to install them and see how it sounds. Maybe I'll post a sound clip or video if things goes well.

I was looking or thinking deep down if I should of got instead a dimarzio breed or even a paf pro or super distortions or d activators; but I think I got a pretty solid set-up. I wonder if anyone has had experience with the liquidfire and crunchlab combo, any opinions would be awesome!

It will sound just great for almost any genre (even in drop-tuning). Depending if you get in some old school death Metal (with what I call a "chainsaw" sound) you might need a boost or distortion pedal of some sort, but it all depends of the amp you are using.
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)