hi there.. i've been playing guitar from 1 year ..now i know many basic chords & bar chords ..i've improved my self along the freats ..at some extent ..i like Metal,Neo classical ...im big fan of slash , randy rhoads....please tell me ..what should i do to become a good metal guitarist ... i mean how should i practice ..my big problem is i dont have any guitar instructor at my new place ...so please tell me how should i practice....how should i start ..please help me

Ibanez 150dx
marshall mg10
Last edited by abhijeetrahan at Nov 26, 2013,
learn your favorite band's songs, learn the pentatonic scale if you haven't already. then learn some kind of minor scale, like harmonic minor.
Here is a good Randy lesson for leads, it's going to be difficult.
http://www.guitarworld.com/soloing_strategies_randy_rhoads
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Also If you look at a lot the tabs of any of your favorite guitarist's solos, you start to notice the patterns in their playing, it helped me tremendously.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.